Warning: Whining

Emily F.
on 4/21/10 10:16 am
Just had a run in with a co worker. This girl has done some seriously risky behavior and I have never judged her, never said a negative word. She was upset I didn't tell her about my surgery beforehand and she said it was because I knew she wouldn't approve? Ummm, no, I didn't know you wouldn't APPROVE. She then went on to say why couldn't I do this with diet and exericse, because the people on BIGGEST LOSER DO IT.   I was stunned. What an idiot. Of course,s he's never had a weight problem, so I'm basically avoiding her as much as possible.

dznydiva
on 4/21/10 10:35 am
What a witch.  I think that you are doing the right thing.  None of her business anyway!!  Geez, some people really irritate me.

A dream is a wish your heart makes!   DznyDiva
HW 244/SW224/CW164/GW150

MamaK330
on 4/21/10 10:37 am, edited 4/21/10 10:37 am
EEWW. Some people have health issues that wont let them do it like the BL. Some people just cant do it, and yes WLS is an easy out at first but we still need to work on it just as hard as anyone else does.Don't let jerks like that bother you. Your better then them.

scrappingtwinmom
on 4/21/10 11:12 am
She sounds toxic, you don't need her permission or her approval.  Hold your head high and walk the other way. 

Tami

kitycat58
on 4/21/10 11:26 am, edited 4/21/10 11:26 am
Good person to avoid in you journey.  You do not need anyone in your life with those kinda vibes.  And if  we could all have a person trainer, chef and babysitter 24 hours a day, like those on biggest loser, we would probably do as well as the people on biggest loser.  And there have been many reports of those people "being on their own" after and gaining it all right back. 

The point is, its not hers to judge.  Stick to your guns and give her a never mind next time she passes your way.  And always feel free to come here and let it out.  We will always be on your side.  Kathy

Hope you don't have to work with her, or run into her often.
Emily F.
on 4/22/10 4:46 am
She's directly across the hall from me but we don't interact too much, copy machine, meetings, etc. I'm definitely keeping my distance and honestly, feel like outright telling her how rude she was the next time she tries to talk to me!! I'm that upset.
Kim5515
on 4/21/10 11:43 am - Bonney Lake, WA
Sorry you had to go through that.. sounds like a total lack of understanding, empathy, common sense and research on her part.   There are some people at my work the same, they want to be in the loop and were stunned when I announced in a meeting on Monday that I would be off for the next few weeks having gastric bypass.

Too bad, so sad, these are OUR lives to live, to make decisions, to do what is best for us !!

She's an idiot - steer clear, smile at continue to drop those pounds !!

Kim  
HW 315 /CW 152/ GW 148

Shawn K.
on 4/21/10 11:53 am - The Colony, TX
I have someone at work like that as well, sad thing she is my boss.  I held off until the last minute to tell her about the surgery.
I have started a blog all of my own for this journey.  Please follow me at www.digitalsheep.org.

shabbylady1221
on 4/21/10 11:54 am - Beaverton, OR
For the love of Pete... it never ceases to amaze me how self absorbed people can be...or how stupid they sound when saying their 2 cents. Who gives a flying fig what her opinion is. Of course you don't share the EXTREMELY personal and PRIVATE decision, you don't share because of people just like her. She wouldn't approve...? What, not that you care. She wants you to consult with her...not like you didn't have to jump though enough hoops without stupid co workers...that is idiotic of her. People like that really get my dander up! I have a friend who will not speak to me anymore because I didn't consult her before having RNY. My jaw dropped when she told me that. I don't want friends or aquaintences like that and I am sure you don't either. You are a smart woman...you did all that research, travelled to another country, paid lots of money and she thinks it is "the easy way out?" The biggest loser comment...only a moron would say that. They have trainers, supervision, accountability, chefs, baby sitting, supportive family and spouses.
KICK HER TO THE CURB! 
Boy, people like that REALLY TICK ME OFF in the worst way! You are doing great...Keep up the good work and we will keep supporting you.

Rachel Box
on 4/21/10 2:39 pm - St Petersburg, FL
 Ummm...the people on Biggest Loser get to step away from their lives, go live on a ranch with personal trainers and a WHOLE gym in their backyard.  They get their meals prepared and they have the incentive of winning $$$!!! Other people have to go to a full time job, sometimes a job with people like her to deal with, they have STRESS and bills and not to mention a family at home to take care of.  I would totally brush off her comments.  I've had people tell me that I took the easy way out and I say that until they walk a mile in my shoes they will never know what it's like to be me or make my decisions.  
 Me (30), Hubby (34)
Surgery date April 13th!!!
RNY
Type II diabetes, PCOS and high blood pressure

Most Active
Recent Topics
Happy 3 year :)
Razzmuffin · 0 replies · 901 views
Starting Over
Lisa Y. · 5 replies · 1234 views
Hi all! 1½ yr update =)
Blue_Rattie · 1 replies · 1004 views