Hiccups?

Kim5515
on 4/21/10 11:49 am - Bonney Lake, WA
First day home from the hospital and it seems that each time I take a drink of water I start hiccupping. Am I drinking too quickly?

Kim  
HW 315 /CW 152/ GW 148

Rachel Box
on 4/21/10 2:35 pm - St Petersburg, FL
 The first couple days in the hospital I had the hiccups pretty bad too when I drank.  They went away though.  ;-)
 Me (30), Hubby (34)
Surgery date April 13th!!!
RNY
Type II diabetes, PCOS and high blood pressure

_Suzy_
on 4/21/10 3:14 pm - Lawrenceville, GA
OUCH, does it hurt bad?  I can't imagine.  When I burp it hurts so bad I always whimper.  lol.
Suzy

Start Weight     309    
Surgery              301
Current               206

O M G - I am down over 100#.  

Razzmuffin
on 4/21/10 11:47 pm - Collinsville, IL
I am having that same thing, and YES they do hurt lol, enough to make you not take that next sip for a little bit. I usually only get one really hard one then have to relax my diaphragm and abdominal muscles and good to go.
Razz

Emily F.
on 4/21/10 11:49 pm
I had hiccups to. I don't think it's drinking too fast, I think it's just the liquid going through the pipes. Lol
michelly1030
on 4/22/10 6:45 pm - Turlock, CA
It seems to be normal, I only say that because it seems so common! I hiccup a lot!!! I did right after surgery and I still do (week and a half out)... Originally they hurt when I first had surgery, but they've gotten better. I still think it has something to do with all the gas they pump you up with... who knows. It is annoying though!
~Chelle~

http://www.worththeweightloss.blogspot.com/
HW: 258 SW:(248) GW:150                    
(deactivated member)
on 4/23/10 4:44 am

My hospital release instructions say that hiccupping can be a danger sign. If you get anxious please call your doctor.

From my instruction sheet; Persistent hiccups (irritation of the diaphram is a sign of a gastric leak. I think the keyword is persistent.

lady-luck
on 4/23/10 8:05 am - Orange, CA
Hey Kim

You were let out early, I only came home today. Should have been yesterday but throwing up so had to stay a day longer to make sure I could keep liquids down. Apart from the hiccups, how are you doing and how do you feel, any regrets??

Hugs
Myra
Most Active
Recent Topics
Happy 3 year :)
Razzmuffin · 0 replies · 901 views
Starting Over
Lisa Y. · 5 replies · 1234 views
Hi all! 1½ yr update =)
Blue_Rattie · 1 replies · 1004 views