Did I Have Surgery? Tell That to My Digestion System

(deactivated member)
on 4/21/10 1:21 am
I had a lot of pain after surgery but I haven't had any problem with gas, drinking, getting my vitamins in or eating. I can take two large swallows of water at one time and eat 2 ounces easily.

I am not even constipated.

I am actually hungry and I think about foods that are not on our WLS plan now. It's like I am thinking of everything I used to love to eat.

I hope my mind will catch up with my RNY soon.
Lilitu
on 4/21/10 2:57 am, edited 4/21/10 2:58 am - Bay Area , CA

I was STARVING right after mine. Everyone talked about not being hungry, hating food, yadda yadda yadda. I really did start to wonder if they did actually do an RNY on me or did they just pump me full of an exorbinate amount of air just to make me feel like I had one. Seriously, I started to wonder if I was in some blind test of rny vs placebo effect. Well I did  have it, and that hungry feeling went away once I was able to start pureed foods at 2 weeks out.  But I am still waiting for my mind to catch up with my RNY...^_^*

OOPS!! I am sorry I just realized that this is the April 2010 board, sorry!

Just when the Catipillar thought the world was over

....She became a Butterfly   

300+ /260140 Current BMI 22.4 /No Longer a #, just were my body is Happy
                                 Highest Weightat surgery/ current /Goal

kitycat58
on 4/21/10 3:23 am
Glad I am not alone feeling this way.  I am hungry.  Would like to just eat....But...I am following what I am suppose to do and measuring everything.  I have started thinking that my tummy is not gonna get the "full" trigger... I hope it learns to react soon.  This 1/4 cup of stuff just doesn't seem to be enough.  Guess its time for my protein shake. 
Chris S.
on 4/21/10 4:05 am
I understand completely. I thought it was just me as well. I have no problems drinking a 4oz protein shake or of the other liquids we are allowed. I am now getting hungry between 'meals' and as you said, have begun thinking about foods that aren't in our plan. I'm hoping this is going to change as I move into the pureed foods in a couple days.
Regards,
Chris

Emily F.
on 4/21/10 4:34 am
I've heard rny-ers say they are hungry. The main board says its because your nerves were cut and you won't get that 'full' feeling.

I know what you mean about wanting other foods. I'm lucky, I guess, that I'm not hungry and so far, no sugar cravings (I was a sugar fiend before surgery.

Hope you are feeling better. I think most of us are going through stalls and wondering if wls is going to work for us. At least that is what I"m thinking.
(deactivated member)
on 4/21/10 7:54 am
Emily,
Thank you for addressing wls and if it is going to work for us. I am thinking the same thing. I know it is too early to think this way as we have just began out journey but still the thought creeps in.
Diana
anonymouslyobese
on 4/21/10 5:25 am
Hey Wonder! :) 

I'm so happy for you that you've had so much else going well!  Pain and head hunger aren't too fun though.  I am glad you're making progress though!

I am hungry sometimes, but it feels differently than before I got the band.  Now it's seems less urgent when I tummy rumbles.  Maybe I'm just getting used to ignoring it. 

I do have head hunger, but on the bright side because I haven't had real food in 3.5 weeks I am craving eggs or meatballs, both of which I'll be able to eat at some point though, so that part is good . Sadly however, hamburgers have been popping into my head again and they are my weakness.  All these people talk about wanting candy and baked goods, but I just want a giant mayo filled cheesy bacony hamburger.  On the bright side, I can probably make my own and eat it without the bun or mayo.  But not for another three weeks.  Gah!  My surgeon went out of town so I have to wait extra time before he can give me the okay or mushies!  Oh well... time to make my shake for lunch. 

<3 Hugs!
J

(deactivated member)
on 4/21/10 7:55 am
Mee too, me too,..
kitycat58
on 4/21/10 6:03 am
Just a quick note...I am still in the liquid stage, so I pureed some chicken enchalada soup my son had brought home from safeway.  Wow was it good.  I hope it continues to agree with me...well, atleast for this afternoon.  Only had 1/4 c though..but I could have done more...lol
MommyosaRose
on 4/21/10 7:40 am
I feel hungry between meals and most of the time, I loose interest after a few bites. Darn Head Hunger! Like you Diana, I can eat 2 oz, have normal swallows of drink (mostly because I forget to sip) and not have any consequences with Pouchie! I'm not sure if that is a good thing or a really bad one. I will have to find out!

~Starting Weight: 261 lbs~~Pre-Op Weight: 241 lbs~
~Current Weight: 155 lbs~

"Just when the Caterpillar thought her life was over, She began to fly..." 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Happy 3 year :)
Razzmuffin · 0 replies · 901 views
Starting Over
Lisa Y. · 5 replies · 1234 views
Hi all! 1½ yr update =)
Blue_Rattie · 1 replies · 1004 views