I feel behind the curve

Rachel Box
on 4/20/10 3:59 pm - St Petersburg, FL
 Okay...so I am one week out from surgery, and physically I feel great.  I have had a couple emotional breakdowns, but all in all I am doing pretty good.  I don't know if I am just beating myself up or what, but I see all these people who have lost like 18lbs the first week and 26 by the second and I just feel behind the curve.  My highest weight was 345.  When I started pre-op I was 329 and the day of surgery I was 315.  When I came home from the hospital I weighed more than I did the day of surgery, but I think that was from the fluids, I weighed in at 323 on 4/16, the day I cam home.  Today I weighed in at 310.5.  Again, I know a loss is a good loss, but I just feel like I should have lost more than that.  Take away the fluid weight and I have only lost 4.5 from surgery day.  Is this good or is it just me?
 Me (30), Hubby (34)
Surgery date April 13th!!!
RNY
Type II diabetes, PCOS and high blood pressure

Blue_Rattie
on 4/20/10 8:06 pm
For me, I REALLY try getting my fluids in, at least 40oz a day (or hubby berates me!) and take ALL of my supplements. I'm trying to add in protein shakes, but I can only handle the Atkins Advantage ones right now. The two other times I've tried, I believe, caused me to dump. I was either dry heaving or actually vomiting, got chills, bad gas pains, the diarrhea. I am not sure if it's too much, too soon or what the deal is.

I also weigh myself about the same time each day. After I wake up and go to the bathroom. Remember you fluctuate daily based on your water levels!! A couple of days ago the scale read 287, but today is says 281. Tomorrow it could be back up to 284....I figure as long as I'm losing and feeling better day by day, it's all good!

Another thing, too, which you probably don't want to hear is that the weight didn't get there overnight, it's not going to come off overnight either as much as we wi**** would!

Take care Rachel! If you want to talk, just let me know =) **HUGS**
Karen ~ Had surgery 4-13-10!! Lost 30lbs in 3months pre-op
Highest 350 ~ surgery weight 297.5 ~ current 195 ~ goal 175 (August 2012)

TeeMarie
on 4/20/10 8:20 pm - Hartford, CT
You lost 14 lbs pre op...and another 4.5 since you been home!!! That is FANFREAKINTASTIC!!!! You are still recovering your body is still swollen and retaining fluids.  They say we will loose 3-5 lbs a week for the first couple of months..some are more some are less.  everyone is different.  Don't compare your self to others (I know it is hard not to) Remind me of that later

Anyway you lost a total of 18.5(from your pre-op weigh)!? 35 total?! Thats AWESOME! Hang in there...follow your doctors rules and you will do great!

RNY-4/29/2010

HW 273 / SW 265/ CW 232/ GW 140

(!? I will get there some day!)

RNY revision/repair! 6/18/19

kwkelly
on 4/21/10 12:51 am
Like the message above, you are doing awesome!!! I would put the scale in your attic for a while and only weigh yourself a couple weeks. You just had surgery and everyone gains weight from the swelling and the fluids.... If I weighed myself often I would get upset....It will come off don't worry!! just drink a ton of fluids!! Good Luck!!

kwkelly
on 4/21/10 12:54 am
I just noticed your in St.Peterburg! I was born and raised in Seminole, Fl....Lived in NE St.Pete for years...My entire family is there but not me I am in CO....Can't wait to come visit!!!

Rachel Box
on 4/21/10 1:40 am - St Petersburg, FL
 I live in NE St.Pete  :-) ...have my whole life.  Well, all except 3 years in Orlando when I moved up there to be with my hubby, but I couldn't wait to get back.  :-)
 Me (30), Hubby (34)
RNY

Rachel Box
on 4/21/10 1:41 am - St Petersburg, FL
 Thanks guys...I am going to put the scale away.  I have my follow up with my surgeon next week and will see how much I weigh then.  The scale will drive me mad.  
 Me (30), Hubby (34)
RNY

kwkelly
on 4/21/10 2:26 am
Keep in touch! I will add you as a friend! If I ever make it back down to St.Pete to see my family we will have to do lunch or something! :)

Emily F.
on 4/21/10 4:23 am
You are doing great. I haven't lost much since surgery. I heard about the 3 weeks stall but I didn't know there would be one at 1 1/2-2 weeks stall!!!! I'm frustrated. Keep up the good work.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Happy 3 year :)
Razzmuffin · 0 replies · 901 views
Starting Over
Lisa Y. · 5 replies · 1234 views
Hi all! 1½ yr update =)
Blue_Rattie · 1 replies · 1004 views