Nine Days and Still Tired

(deactivated member)
on 4/20/10 3:06 am
I know I had major surgery last week but I am used to being so active. I hate that when I get up that I have to go right back to my recliner. Anyone else around 4/12 still very tired.

I had the lap incisions and was changed to an open. Those lap incisions hurt way more than the 12 inch cut down my middle. Maybe soon it will switch.

I am so glad I prepared 48 2 ounce protien pudding cups (I froze them). The only thing I really have to do is make my tea. I am drinking decaf green tea and it is so soothing to have something warm.
heidinsd
on 4/20/10 3:30 am - Poway, CA
Hey there yes i had surgery the same day and so sorry to hear that you are still tired. I'm thinking maybe its from going to lap to open and its taken a toll on your body, I was able to have the lap and I'm doing great, If i do to much then I get a little tired. If you looked at me you wouldn't even known i had surgery last Monday, its very strange. Of course my incision still hurt along with the gas pain but walking helps with that. I hope each day you get better and stronger!!!
andee87
on 4/20/10 3:46 am - Fort Collins, CO
I am so glad that it is normal to feel tired.  I was thinking something was wrong.  I had the lap procedure 4/14.  I am feeling better everyday, I even walked around the block today!!

kwkelly
on 4/20/10 4:37 am
I had mine on 4/5 and yes I was extremely tired for like the first 10 days. I now have more energy but I have sharp pains in my left side that start hurting even after a few minutes of activity or walking. Good luck to you! Each day gets better!!

mrsbrucewayne
on 4/20/10 4:45 am - Woodbridge, VA
I had the lap on the 15th, I'm still fairly weak. I stopped the pain meds so now im on my normal sleep schedule. I stayed awake all day yesterday. yeah! The pain only bothers me when i get out of bed too soon. I'm going outside for the first time today. Hope everything gets better but i think the tiredness is because of the change,
TeeMarie
on 4/20/10 5:59 am - Hartford, CT
Listen  to your body, rest when you need to.  You will be up and around in no time.

RNY-4/29/2010

HW 273 / SW 265/ CW 232/ GW 140

(!? I will get there some day!)

RNY revision/repair! 6/18/19

Emily F.
on 4/20/10 6:03 am
Everyone is different. I'm not sure how active you were before, I know you said you had a health problem. I think the more active you are before, the faster you heal. I'm not sure. I can't figure out how I got back to normal so fast. It seems weird to me, but I'm not complaining.
zelschap
on 4/20/10 7:41 am - Dayton, OH
I just quit fighting the fatigue and I STILL take a nap when needed! I think it can only help me get back on my feet quicker. The good part is, yesterday I was 5 weeks out, felt the very best since surgery and can feel myself getting energy back. However, it is very slow and we should all progress at our own speed. Do what feels good. I know for you that is VERY active; but, it will come back. Patience, patience, patience.  (Of which I have none for myself!) So good to hear from you!  Zella

Blue_Rattie
on 4/20/10 8:30 pm
I try to stay in bed most of the day. My hubby keeps telling me I'm trying to over-do things. And normally he's right because I feel SO drained afterward and just go back to bed and sack out!

How are your incisions healing, Diane? And the open line? Are they starting to itch? I'm having that problem right now
Karen ~ Had surgery 4-13-10!! Lost 30lbs in 3months pre-op
Highest 350 ~ surgery weight 297.5 ~ current 195 ~ goal 175 (August 2012)

Most Active
Recent Topics
Happy 3 year :)
Razzmuffin · 0 replies · 901 views
Starting Over
Lisa Y. · 5 replies · 1234 views
Hi all! 1½ yr update =)
Blue_Rattie · 1 replies · 1004 views