One Week Post Op

Bigdaddyslim
on 4/21/10 1:17 am - Lancaster, PA
Well today and I am one week post op and finally feeling better.  It was a really long week as I had a lots pain and nausea most of it.  I was able to go to the Gym this morning walked on the elliptical for 30 mins. It really felt so good to move again.  Just need to get through another week or so of liquids.  The good news is I am getting all my protein and liquids in now, so I feel really good about that. I even lost 5 lbs since being home.  Woo Hoo

kitycat58
on 4/21/10 1:18 am
Wow, elliptical?  My doc said no for 6 weeks!  I have just been walking and walking and walking..Careful you don't injure yourself.  But glad your doing so well.  Keep posting. 
LadySteeler
on 4/21/10 1:38 am - Clayton, NC
Go Slim, Go Slim!!!!

mspiccolo
on 4/21/10 3:41 am - Camarillo, CA
That's great.  Glad you're feeling better.

Emily F.
on 4/21/10 4:20 am
Yah, my doc said no elliptical for 4-6 weeks. Way to go, I'm glad you are feeling better. I can't believe you are getting all your protein and fluids in. That's crazy!!
Blue_Rattie
on 4/21/10 4:54 am
Can you drink enough fluids for me, please?? I have been getting in about 40oz a day the past week (my surgery was the day before yours).
I have to take my painkillers just about everyday still, though normally only once. I'm sure Tylenol would help, too, though not as much. I ALSO have had nausea for the majority of the past week. First couple of days specifically from the anesthesia, but the rest I think from laying down so long and taking my meds. I have a scopolamine patch behind my ear, too (it's for motion sickness).

I'm really glad you are doing so well!!!
Karen ~ Had surgery 4-13-10!! Lost 30lbs in 3months pre-op
Highest 350 ~ surgery weight 297.5 ~ current 195 ~ goal 175 (August 2012)

TeeMarie
on 4/21/10 9:38 am - Hartford, CT
Wow! Sounds like you are doing great!

Congrats!

RNY-4/29/2010

HW 273 / SW 265/ CW 232/ GW 140

(!? I will get there some day!)

RNY revision/repair! 6/18/19

sparkym2
on 4/25/10 3:35 am - Saginaw, MI
That is great to hear you are doing so good. I have my surgery on April 27th, 2010. I am looking forward to my weight loss journey myself. All the best of luck to you.
Bigdaddyslim
on 4/25/10 2:20 pm - Lancaster, PA
Best of luck to you on your jouney.  It will not be easy, but it is worth the effort. 

mrsbrucewayne
on 4/27/10 12:47 pm - Woodbridge, VA
Wow, i had my sugery 4/15 and i feel like a bump on a log. I cant walk 50 ft without feeling like im gonna pass out. Whats your secret??

Most Active
Recent Topics
Happy 3 year :)
Razzmuffin · 0 replies · 901 views
Starting Over
Lisa Y. · 5 replies · 1234 views
Hi all! 1½ yr update =)
Blue_Rattie · 1 replies · 1004 views