Pre-op liquid diet

melons778
on 4/19/10 6:01 am
 I have my surgery tomorrow and today I had to start the clear liquid diet. I am so hungry still. I've had jello, a popsicle, and tea.......I'm starving right now.. Anyone have any tips.
  Melons778        
kitycat58
on 4/19/10 7:39 am
Sometimes clear soup broth helps, but not a whole lot.  Its just a rough day.  Sorry. Lots of water.  Be waiting for you to post your home....good luck.
Emily F.
on 4/19/10 7:46 am
Not sure I can help. Just think of your tiny liver and how hard and non fatty it will be for the surgeon. That was the only thing that kept me on track.
For great WLS info join me here  www.dsfacts.com
scrappingtwinmom
on 4/19/10 8:35 am
Is a clear liquid diet the day before pretty common?  I am on a regular liquid diet till my surgery on Monday but I don't recall anything about the day before needing to be clear liquids.  Wondering if I should check that out or if it's just some programs that make you do it.

Tami

Kim5515
on 4/19/10 10:34 am - Bonney Lake, WA
Wow you guys are lucky !!  I have my surgery tomorrow also and have not had one bite of food since Easter Sunday.  My doctor is very strict - I bet my liver has shrunk up to the size of a raisin by now !

Try the Diet V8 Splash juice.  It's very low in sugar and has a nice taste.  It's definetely something different, I got tired of Crystal Lite, SF jello and popcycles.

I've also been doing protein 3 times a day, so that's definetely helped.  I've lost 20 pounds in 14 days, so getting on the scale every morning has been the rewarding part of the deal.

Of course, I know I'll gain 10 pounds in the hospital from fluids, but it's still nice to see a lower number on the scales !

Kim  
HW 315 /CW 152/ GW 148

italiangurl2001
on 4/21/10 3:57 am - Wilmington, MA
just a 1 day liquid diet? lol im on my 2nd week and its torture!!! hope everything went well
Blue_Rattie
on 4/21/10 4:56 am
I know that you've already had your surgery, but just wanted to add that my doctor did NOT require a liquid diet pre-op. I did do a self-imposed one for 2 1/2 days though. He just told me to eat light. No body flush either!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Happy 3 year :)
Razzmuffin · 0 replies · 901 views
Starting Over
Lisa Y. · 5 replies · 1234 views
Hi all! 1½ yr update =)
Blue_Rattie · 1 replies · 1004 views