TIGHTNESS IN STOMACH!!!

michelly1030
on 4/18/10 9:01 am - Turlock, CA
SO my RNY was this last Tues...just short of a week out! Wow! Today I am noticing some tightness in my stomach,upper abdomen mostly. Feels like someone is wringing out my insides... I don't think it's gas, I'm pretty sure I got allllll of that out finally (hahaha) but dang, this is not very comfortable! I am sitting back in the recliner, hoping that helps.So far, nope...

~Chelle~

http://www.worththeweightloss.blogspot.com/
HW: 258 SW:(248) GW:150                    
Missy N.
on 4/18/10 9:23 am - Kalkaska
I believe it is just everything starting to heal up for you.  It felt like my intestines were going to come out of my stomach when I had it done.  I had a small pillow I put in front of my stomach.  I tell you that little pillow was my life saver!  Who ever invented that idea was a genius!!!!!  So you might want to try that also, who knows it might help? Good luck!

Missy       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat
HW 260 SW 249 (1/20/10)  CW 134
1st GW 150 (reached 8/29/10) 
2nd GW 135 (reached 12/1/10)
I really don't have another goal weight. :)

heitimay
on 4/18/10 10:15 am
I had surgery last week also and have had such "gurgles", not gas (ok, so I've had that too) but just random activity inside of me. Kind of reminds me of alien when that thing pops out of someones belly! I doesn't feel like me in there. Anyways, I share your experience.

michelly1030
on 4/18/10 11:33 am - Turlock, CA
I had a message from a friend saying for her it was an intolerance to milk. Hmmm.... I havent had milk yet. It may just be healing... I did notice that it came on after ice water, butttttt it's still there and its been a few hours... I definitely feel like an alien is gonna come out or something from the movie, Total Recall... It's VERY VERY uncomfortable!
~Chelle~

http://www.worththeweightloss.blogspot.com/
HW: 258 SW:(248) GW:150                    
kitycat58
on 4/18/10 11:46 am
My RNY was 12 days ago.  Most of my pain has been to the left side under the rib cage.  Everyone says most the instruments used in that area and most of the work done there.  I felt about the same all week.  Twisted is the best definition. I am still in alot of discomfort, but definately here my tummy noises more and feel "tight" in the tummy.  So hopefully it will get better for you soon.  If it gets too intense; call your surgeons number.  Ask if this is normal or something to be concerned with.  We will be here to see how you do...Hope it gets better fast.  Right there with you!  kathy
guavab52
on 4/18/10 2:09 pm - San Jose, CA
I know the feeling, but for me it hasn't lasted very long.  It happens to me mostly after drinking my protein shake.  I also have a lot of gurgling coming up and I wish I knew how to burp!  I can hiccup but I've never been able to belch, even with lots of people trying to teach me - LOL.  So I feel pressure for a while until it passes.  I hope it gets better for ya!  My pain is mostly from my incision on the right side.  My surgeon says that people who have had the RNY will hurt more on the left side and VSG patients more on the right side, where they  remove what's left of the stomach.  It confused the nurses because they are more used to RNY patients and couldn't understand why I hurt so much on the right side.  I had to explain to them what the surgeon told me.

Will follow up more later....

Take care April babies!!

Cheryl

phelpsa
on 4/19/10 9:13 am - MI
I am having the sleeve procedure done on 4/26. Thanks for the "FYI" about the location of pain. It helps to know what I should expect. Thanks

angie
Most Active
Recent Topics
Happy 3 year :)
Razzmuffin · 0 replies · 901 views
Starting Over
Lisa Y. · 5 replies · 1234 views
Hi all! 1½ yr update =)
Blue_Rattie · 1 replies · 1004 views