I am back!!!

(deactivated member)
on 4/19/10 6:42 am
Okay so I am still having to rest a lot but it's not like I have to be anywhere. Everyday I am amazed at how much better I feel.

My head is so clear and energetic but my body has a different story. I am as slow as a turtle. Having done too much once on another surgery I am only walking, eating, drinking and sleeping (lots). My recliner/chairlift has been rented for a month and I am going to rest in it as much as I can. I am lucky not to have to do any work of any kind.

So far I have lost my modesty and now my husband has seen every flabby inch of me, My bras are getting a bit baggy. I guess I know what is going to be the first to go.

I can eat, drink and take all of my vitamins. The roughest part; chewing those awful tasting multi-vitamins. I get hungry. I never had any nausea. I am already greiving for foods but I did find a good fix.

HDTV has one major drawback for me. All of those scrumptious looking foods on a large screen in HD is a bit painful. I decided for every recipe or food I see I will make a WLS counterpart. I saw an Olive Garden commercial and I am going to make chicken parmesean with sauteed garlic vegetables. For the pizza hut commercia I am using low carb flatbread, tomatoes, herbs and mozerella and back. You aren't going to believe my protein pudding pies.
heidinsd
on 4/19/10 7:18 am - Poway, CA
Glad you are feeling better, and I'm right there with you with all the food, I'm still on a liquid diet and hopefully Thurs when I see my Dr I can start soft foods, I just want to chew lol
Emily F.
on 4/19/10 7:45 am
YAY, you're back!!! So glad you are doing well. Hope you feel better and better every day! Keep up the good work!
For great WLS info join me here  www.dsfacts.com
kitycat58
on 4/19/10 7:52 am
Welcome back.  Guess we will all be use to those vitamins soon...Mine actually are not too bad.  Keep us posted.
Kim5515
on 4/19/10 10:26 am - Bonney Lake, WA

Glad you're back !  I couldn't agree more with HDTV and the food commercials and programs constantly.  It's enough to drive you nuts !

Glad you're feeling better !

Kim  
HW 315 /CW 152/ GW 148

Blue_Rattie
on 4/20/10 8:39 pm
I just can't do chewables. I swallow all my pills and vitamins. Haven't had any problems. I DID try breaking my multi in half, but it was NASTY tasting!
Karen ~ Had surgery 4-13-10!! Lost 30lbs in 3months pre-op
Highest 350 ~ surgery weight 297.5 ~ current 195 ~ goal 175 (August 2012)

Most Active
Recent Topics
Happy 3 year :)
Razzmuffin · 0 replies · 901 views
Starting Over
Lisa Y. · 5 replies · 1234 views
Hi all! 1½ yr update =)
Blue_Rattie · 1 replies · 1004 views