Pergatory...

scrappingtwinmom
on 4/19/10 4:30 am
My surgery is next Monday, April 26th.  I am obsessed.  I can't concentrate on anything.  I don't want to do anything, clean my house, feed my family (because I'm on liquid it's torture at times), watch tv nothing.  I just sit on the computer at OH or googling wls and ignore my life!  I am perseverating about my surgery getting cancelled because I don't lose enough (need to lose at least 7 lbs (I think)) to be below my last weigh in at the dr.s which I know is totally doablw.  I also woke up with a sore throat so I'm convinced it will become the plague and that will cancel my surgery.   Ugh.  I'm doing the liquid diet and exercising and not cheating.  I am so glad I have to work T,W,Th so I'll be forced to think about something else.  It's driving me nuts.  Am I the only one?  Or is this normal?  It doesn't help that the kids are off for April vacation.

So there it is, anyone here in pergatory with me?

Tami

heitimay
on 4/19/10 6:21 am
I was much like that before surgery! I couldn't concentrate and for work I had to lead a meeting a week before surgery- not my best effort!Now that I'm on the other side of surgery- 4/16- I feel good physically but my mind is still not very good at keeping thoughts. I am forgetful alot. And I'm getting cabin-fever....but I'm not hungry. I can't seem to figure out what hungry feels like now. My best help leading up to surgery is that I was super busy and even had to leave town for a few days. It really helped the time to fly. Best wishes. You can do it. Only ONE more week!

kitycat58
on 4/19/10 7:44 am
Pretty much the same here too.  Kept busy with work.  Worked up til the day of my surgery.  The day I went in I was 10lbs less than what was requested.  I too was afraid somebody's cold or flub bug was gonna get me, so I kept the Vit C going all week; and kept the germ killer hand gel on me.  But time went by and now I am on the other side.  I thnk I feel hungry late at night now, but my stage II diet is enough during the day.  Have no real sensation of "full" yet.  I am sure that will come with time.  Good luck to you and sure you will do fine.  Happiness is your journey.  kathy
Kim5515
on 4/19/10 10:37 am - Bonney Lake, WA
You're not obsessed, you are normal, I'm sorry to say !  I did the same thing, I was a research fool.  I read everything, looked at 1000's of before/after photos, read every book in the library.  My family told me I was like a reformed smoker and to change the subject once in a while.

I calmed down eventually... my surgery is tomorrow and I'm just glad the day is here.  Taking a few weeks off work is a very good thing for me.  I'm looking forward to the rest from work, but most of all, am looking forward to starting the rest of my healthy lifestyle !

Kim  
HW 315 /CW 152/ GW 148

LadySteeler
on 4/21/10 1:44 am - Clayton, NC
Just read my blog... you will laugh for a little while... I wasn't in pergatory, I was in hell!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Happy 3 year :)
Razzmuffin · 0 replies · 901 views
Starting Over
Lisa Y. · 5 replies · 1234 views
Hi all! 1½ yr update =)
Blue_Rattie · 1 replies · 1004 views