PITY PARTY

michelly1030
on 4/18/10 6:19 pm - Turlock, CA

I am just short of a week out. Yay... unfortunately,I am having a HORRIBLE night. I cannot get comfortable. I am in pain. I am icky feeling in the tummy (not nauseous) and and and ... lots more.
The things that really stink right now are the pain, I am intolerant of sugar substitutes(this was before surgery, I did a test run and also after of course) so I cannot have sf jello or popsicles or crystal light... I can have sobe lifewater and vitamin water zero (the natural lemonade is the bomb!!) but I am limited to broth (only 2 more days, WED is puree day 1!! yay!)

Anyhow I just wish I could comfortably fall asleep tonight! I think I overdid it today which didn't help and I had like 4 sugar free popsicles that upset my pouchie... Poor pouchie, Poor Michelle. We walked around the mall today (I needed to get the heck out of the house! ) and then made a couple other stops. The couple other stops I think made it too big of a first trip out.
I also found myself really being annoyed at people eating in the mall...Cinnabon, Nestle Tollhouse Cookies, Sees Candy, Coldstone Creamery, Hot Dog on a Stick...etc... I was irritated that they could eat and I'm on broth... I'm sure that's normal but man, I was jealous of any food I  saw someone eat.
OK I feel better now.... hopefully I can fall asleep soon. I am in the recliner because the bed was just not comfy tonight... Thank goodness we have these awesome oversized cushy recliners... ahhhhh little bit of comfort setting in!

~Chelle~

http://www.worththeweightloss.blogspot.com/
HW: 258 SW:(248) GW:150                    
Emily F.
on 4/18/10 11:14 pm
I'm so sorry. I hope u finally got comfy. I think that was the worst part . Sending goodvibes ur way.0
For great WLS info join me here  www.dsfacts.com
MamaK330
on 4/18/10 11:24 pm
I am right there with you. I had my surgery friday. I needed to get out of the house so bad. We took the kids to see the blue angele. Then DH drug me to the playground and mcdonalds. Oh it was so hard to sit there and watch everyone eat. The man next to me was eating my fav. Fish filet ;0(. oh how my mouth watered for one. I have never in my life longed to eat pureed food. BUT omg my body wants it so bad.As much as i drink i just can not seem to make myself feel full. I wan to try stage 1 baby foods or something. But hey i did loose 7lbs so i must be doing something right.

One of my friends on facebook keeps posting recipies and pictures of food she mad. I sent her an email and told her i had to delete her as a friend till i can eat again. lmao. Sorry to ramble on but i am having a day like your night was.

How do i change my ticker to say i lost 7 lbs?

Bigdaddyslim
on 4/18/10 11:53 pm - Lancaster, PA
Must be normal because I am feeling same way.  I could never imagine looking foward to a puree diet, but I am.  The ironic part is I am not hungry, so I know it is all in my head.  I have also had my unfair share of pain and nausesa. So I am right there with you.  My wife had her surgery a year ago and is doing great, so I know it does get better soon, just wishing it was sooner than later.  So keep your eyes on the prize which is an amazing new life. 

wiltedrose314
on 4/19/10 1:54 am - Falmouth, MA
i was the same way last week!! but you will be eating again in no time! and guess what it will be like HEAVEN!! i can start stage 4 tomorrow and ive been anticipating food for about a week now!! i just kept telling myself its only a few more days you can do it! even though yesterday i sat down near my groceries on the kitchen floor and ate some no sugar added ice cream!!! not a lot because i was nervous but i needed something... and i thought hey if i can eat pudding then this ice creams not much different. that and i only had like 2 TBSP worth
HW 310/SW 284.5/CW 201/GW 150

(deactivated member)
on 4/19/10 6:50 am
I made my husband rent me a recliner for a month. It's one of those that raise to help you stand and goes way back for sleeping. They rent them according to your height and weight so I have a petite little fat chair. I couldn't take the pain of getting in bed until 6 days out and by today it is much better.

Hang in there. It seems like we all have a few different things that are rough for a few days but it gets better and the icky feeling becomes a happy one.

About as far as I can walk is from my driveway to the neighbors driving and back 3 times. You are better at walking than I am.
michelly1030
on 4/19/10 11:13 am - Turlock, CA
Thanks everyone for your support. I finally got comfortable and fell asleep around 3am in the recliner. Woke up at 8am and got back in bed and slept till 2pm!!!! OMG! I think the hydrocodone did that, it always makes me sleepy... Anyhow.. today is a better day. Going for a walk with my husband and son now... See ya!
~Chelle~

http://www.worththeweightloss.blogspot.com/
HW: 258 SW:(248) GW:150                    
Most Active
Recent Topics
Happy 3 year :)
Razzmuffin · 0 replies · 901 views
Starting Over
Lisa Y. · 5 replies · 1234 views
Hi all! 1½ yr update =)
Blue_Rattie · 1 replies · 1004 views