8 days until surgery! I'm slightly freaking out!

piink_honeyx3
on 4/18/10 2:37 am
This is my very first post on a O.H board - I will be working on my profile to upload some pictures and use this website as a tool to my success. I absolutely LOVE reading other people's posts and reading the advice people have to offer. Hopefully I can be of help someday throughout this new journey in my life!

My surgery is scheduled for April 26th - that's next Monday!! I can NOT believe how fast time has been flying by. Last Monday I started my LSD (Liver Shrinking Diet) which consists of 3 protein shakes a day, calcium pills, multi-vitamin, one Lean Cuisine for dinner, and lots and lots of water! So far, I haven't done too bad. Sometimes I find myself getting hungry so I snack on sugar free jello.

Here it is - 8 days post-op and it's just now hitting me ... hard. I'm getting anxious, worried (a little) extremely excited, etc. Is this normal? What were everyones thoughts a week before surgery!?
Monica H.
on 4/18/10 3:29 am - Rancho Cordova, CA
my surgery is on tuesday April 20th and I hear ya!!  the emotions are going crazy for me!  Mostly excited!!!  :)  and a little nervous and a tiny bit scared.  Up until yesterday I was just soo excited, but thinking about the changes coming have me a little scared...  nervous about the recovery...  I have a 14 month old daughter that I can't lift for at least 4 weeks..  not looking forward to that at all!  But you know what!!  we are going to healthy again!  :)  and I gotta say, the first week of the very low calorie preop diet was sooo hard!  But I actually have had more energy...  I feel great!!!  I have been able to actually run after my daughter!!  and we ran up a little hill at the park on Friday!  :)  My husband noticed it too!  and its just going to get better!  :) 

Kim5515
on 4/18/10 5:28 am - Bonney Lake, WA
Welcome to the boards.. you will find alot of very energetic, wonderful folks here.  I've found that any question I ask gets answered with very frank direct answers - I love it !

I'm having surgery on the 20th also and I'm not very nervous.  I have lots to finish up at work tomorrow, so my brain is mostly on that.  I don't have any kids at home any longer, so I don't have to worry about daily lifting, etc.  I have a darling 2 year old grandson who can climb up on a chair, then I'll pick him up.  He's used to that.. his mama is pregnant and can't pick him up either.

At least you get some food on your diet - I've had nothing since April 6th, but I'm not complaining. I am looking forward to getting the rest of my life started !

Take care and keep in touch!

Kim  
HW 315 /CW 152/ GW 148

Cindya19
on 4/18/10 7:06 am - West Bend, WI
Welcome - I too am having RNY on April 26th.  It is amazing how quickly the time has gone by.  I am not suppose to eat anything (if I can) on the pre-op diet.  Have to confess, it has been a little difficult.  If I need to I can have a scrambled egg, a piece of dry toast, some saltines.  Have had some saltines a couple of times.  Good Luck to you (and me) and everyone that is having their surgeries in the next week.  
scrappingtwinmom
on 4/19/10 4:17 am
My surgery is the 26th too and I am getting all wound up about everything!  I'm worried I won't lose enough on my liquid diet (need to lose at least 7lbs to be below my last weigh in).  Woke up with a sore throat that I'm praying doesn't turn into anything major.  Just stressing in general, sounds like that's normal.

Tami

trying2findmyself
on 4/19/10 4:17 am - Allen, OK
I am 9 days away from having lapband surgery and  can tell you that you wont find a better place for support than right here! I have made so many friend, got great advise and always find an answer on the OH website. I said I wasn't going to get nervous or scared but I think I will the day of surgery but I also think it is normal. I will be praying for you and a good experience and quick recovery! See you on the other side!

Stacy

Most Active
Recent Topics
Happy 3 year :)
Razzmuffin · 0 replies · 901 views
Starting Over
Lisa Y. · 5 replies · 1234 views
Hi all! 1½ yr update =)
Blue_Rattie · 1 replies · 1004 views