Home and ouchie

Shawn K.
on 4/17/10 3:34 am - The Colony, TX
I am home as of yesterday, had my surgery on Thursday and all went well.  The Dr was very pleased with how textbook it was.  I am happy there were no complications.  So I get home yesterday and I know I am going to be tired for a few days due to the meds and all that, but I have read the pain radiating up the the shoulder is usually gas, but wow it is the part that hurts the worst on me.  It almost feels like I pulled a muscle in it. Has anyone had any experience with that?

I did pull out the tubes of pain meds they had in my chest wall today, that believe it not got rid of my side pain.  I am up walking some, drinking protein and such.  Maybe by Monday most will have worn off and I can start moving more and feel less like a zombie.
Kim5515
on 4/17/10 4:20 am - Bonney Lake, WA
I have not yet had my surgery, however I spoke to a nurse the other night from the hospital and she warned me about the gas bubbles escaping to my shoulder and neck.  She said they will cause the worse stiff neck and shoulder pain ever.  She also said they should go away in about 48 hours.

Hope you feel better very soon !

Kim  
HW 315 /CW 152/ GW 148

kitycat58
on 4/17/10 5:00 am
Happy your home.  I did not have issues with the shoulder or neck, but my lower back was really sore.  As far as the gas pains, it was definately in the center of my abdomin...And the other pain the is still consistant is to the left side under the rib cage.  Think that is where most of the work is done..I also had a previous adhesion there that was removed, so that could be it to.   All and all it is my 11th day and I am up and walking around outside with my dog.  Feels really nice to be thru with the surgery..but I am pretty tired of cottage cheese and yogart atm.  Looking forward to an egg. 

Be glad to hear more from you once some of the meds wear off and your feeling better.  Kathy
MamaK330
on 4/17/10 11:07 am
Hey. Congrats on your surgery. Glad everything went well for you. I was banded yesterday. The gas is unbelievable. I dont  think the surgery site hurts as much as the gas does. All i been doing is sipping and walking. Walking really does relieve the gas somewhat. I take gas x before i walk. Hope that help. Feel better soon

Blue_Rattie
on 4/17/10 4:37 pm
Not with this surgery but my gallbladder being taken out - I had that same gas bubble stuck in my left shoulder. Made it feel achy and like I couldn't lift anything. It went away with a few days. Walking really help get out all that trappd gas.

With my RNY - instead of going up into my shoulder, it settled right under my diaphragm and keeps giving m the hiccups!
Karen ~ Had surgery 4-13-10!! Lost 30lbs in 3months pre-op
Highest 350 ~ surgery weight 297.5 ~ current 195 ~ goal 175 (August 2012)

Bigdaddyslim
on 4/17/10 10:54 pm - Lancaster, PA
Congratz on your surgery.  I had my surgery on Wednesday.  I had TERRIBLE gas pain in my shoulder.  It felt exactly like a pulled muscle.  The only thing that relieved the pain was walking.  I could quite literally feel the gas in my abdomen moving around.  After ALOT of walking the pain did finally go away.  It was a long two days and nights, but it really does get better.  Good Luck to you and stay strong!

LuvlyLissa1026
on 4/18/10 4:40 am
I had surgery on Wednesday and the pain in my chest and neck have been horrible.  They said it is normal and that it is pressure from the gas.  As of today it isn't too bad, but I still have a hard time inflating my lungs all the way without discomfort.  It will get better! 

Congratulations on your surgery!
Realize Band 4/14/10
Dr. Schram - Barix Clinic, Ypsilanti, MI

Most Active
Recent Topics
Happy 3 year :)
Razzmuffin · 0 replies · 901 views
Starting Over
Lisa Y. · 5 replies · 1234 views
Hi all! 1½ yr update =)
Blue_Rattie · 1 replies · 1004 views