Went Shopping for Liquid Phase

trying2findmyself
on 4/17/10 2:16 pm - Allen, OK
It is 10 days until my surgery date and all I have to do is maintain my weight and do the liquid phase 1 day before surgery and then of course the 2 weeks after surgery. I went to Walmart and picked up some Atkins Protein Shakes, Sugar free jello, Popsicles, Chicken and Beef Broth and Flavored water. So, please tell me if these are the correct things for the liquid phase? I have my Bariatric Chewable Vitamins and Calcium Chews. I am having a Lapband.

BandCamper
on 4/17/10 4:37 pm
Sounds like you are right on target! Those are the same things I've been using, except I get the protein powder by Muscle Milk at Costco in the chocolate flavor and mix it with Fat Free milk. It tastes better and gives me even more protein that way. I'll keep sending prayers and happy thoughts for you! xoxo Lori
TeeMarie
on 4/17/10 9:12 pm - Hartford, CT
I start my 10 day liquid pre-op diet tomorrow and those are exactly the things I bought

Good luck!

RNY-4/29/2010

HW 273 / SW 265/ CW 232/ GW 140

(!? I will get there some day!)

RNY revision/repair! 6/18/19

Kim5515
on 4/18/10 12:25 am - Bonney Lake, WA
I've also been using Diet V8 Splash.  Very low in calories and sugar and it gives me another option.  I got the peach/mango flavor, I think.  Oh and crystal lite, of course !

Kim  
HW 315 /CW 152/ GW 148

diane S.
on 4/18/10 3:32 am
atkins shakes are ok but a little higher in calories and less protein. my personal favorite shake these days is the costco brand protein powder that comes in a big bag. mixes with water. best shaken, not blended. i add a bit of unsweetened coco powder to it to cut the taste of artifical sweeteners and to make it more chocolaty. really tastes quite good and for a while, i bi--ed and bit--ed about my protein drinks. just had to find the right ones. other stuff sounds fine. have a variety since you will find some stuff you hate. our support group is going to bring all the stuff we hate and trade it around since everyone is different about what they like. but get some protein that is specifically designed for barriatric surgery patients and not just general dieting. D

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

btterflyquen
on 4/18/10 3:46 pm - New Cumberland, WV
Hi,
Just wanted to drop by and sent my prayers and best wishes your way. I just got my surgery date and I know how you feel...God Bless

Most Active
Recent Topics
Happy 3 year :)
Razzmuffin · 0 replies · 901 views
Starting Over
Lisa Y. · 5 replies · 1234 views
Hi all! 1½ yr update =)
Blue_Rattie · 1 replies · 1004 views