Checking in

Lifeski
on 4/17/10 2:49 am, edited 4/17/10 9:48 am
Ok I had my surgery on the 6th and spent a week in a hotel in Maryland before coming home.  Once my drain was removed last Monday I drove hubby and I home(I have real anxiety issues about others driving me).  Overall I have felt great but I suspect I may have over done it just a tad yesterday because I went from no pain to a minor pain on my upper left side.  I had an implant removed from that area and I probably pulled something.  I did do research last night to be sure nothing else was going on and with no other symptoms other than minor pain I feel it is all ok.  I am down 20 lbs since surgery and find eating entertaining.  I am on pureed foods which have consisted of things like refried beans to filet mignon.  Yesterday for lunch I bought a small filet at the grocery store and brought it home to grill.  Weighed out 2 ounces and tossed it into the Magic Bullet.  On top of my pureed filet I placed a teaspoon of crumbled blue cheese.  It was very tasty and I ate all of it.  OMG I felt like I had just eaten dinner plus desert.  I am amazed at how little it takes to make me feel so full.
Teresa
HW-293                     SW-290                    

gusmom
on 4/17/10 4:07 am
 Wow, filet mignon!!  I would love to have that flavor in my mouth.  Did you have to add any liquid to make it "puree"?  I don't have a magic bullet but I do have a blender and a food processor and both produce a kind of grainy result with meat.  Is the bullet that much better?

Marian

Lifeski
on 4/17/10 9:51 am
I find the smaller cup on the bullet does a good job for puree.  The meat had it's own juice and was probably just a touch dryer than I would have liked it.  Tonight I cooked skinless chicken thighs in some cream of chicken soup in the oven.  Took one chicken thigh, which was about 2 ounce, and pureed it then mixed in some of the gravy from the pan to add moisture.  2 or tablespoons and I am finished but at least it is flavor.
Teresa
HW-293                     SW-290                    

gusmom
on 4/17/10 11:02 am
 Sounds delicious.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Happy 3 year :)
Razzmuffin · 0 replies · 901 views
Starting Over
Lisa Y. · 5 replies · 1234 views
Hi all! 1½ yr update =)
Blue_Rattie · 1 replies · 1004 views