2nd day of my pre-op liquid diet I'm starving HELP!!

ccamacho2003
on 4/14/10 5:54 am - Alexandria, VA
I started yesterday the Optifast  pre-op diet. I though it was going to be easier. I develop a close relation with the bathroom...  .unbelievable. I am hungry and drinking water all day is not helping ANY ADVICE HELP!!!!
Emily F.
on 4/14/10 6:26 am
Focus on the fact that if you don't shrink your liver, your surgeon may cancel your surgery or hurt your liver when he moves it out of the way. It was the fear that kept me straight. Hugs.
For great WLS info join me here  www.dsfacts.com
deltapearl
on 4/14/10 1:33 pm - Lewisville, TX
RNY on 04/26/10 with
I'm at the end of day 3 of pre-op diet.  Day 1 - sucked horribly.  So hungry and I too was in the bathroom because i was downing water constantly trying to get full.

Day 2 - headache - wanted to die.

Day 3 - awesome....very little hunger and no headache.

Hang in there, it's probably going to get better for you tomorrow!!!  I've also been saving up and creating projects for myself for the weekend.  I think that's going to be a tough time, so I've got a zillion things on the to-do list to prepare myself for that.

Best of luck, hang in there!
Kim5515
on 4/15/10 12:40 am - Bonney Lake, WA
I'm on day 11 of 15 for pre op liquid diet.  I agree, day 1 sucks.  Day 2 is better, Day 3 is easy stuff.  Get some Diet V8 splash juice, low in sugar and gives you another taste.  I'm also living on protein drinks (some are really really good) and sugar free popcycles.

The first 2 days I lived in the bath tub. Everytime I thought I would cheat, I took a bath. My husband laughed at me, but it worked.  Took my mind off of eating.

This is worth it !!  Let your body do what its' supposed to do and get that liver shrunk up before surgery.

Take care and good luck.

Kim  
HW 315 /CW 152/ GW 148

LadySteeler
on 4/15/10 1:36 am - Clayton, NC
OK... if you read my blog... you will know that for me, this Optifast has sucked!!!! I am on day 8 today... today is the first day that I have felt human... So I don't know what to tell you... (sigh)... I will say that I have been fighting the diet all the way until last night... then I just gave up... I have to get used to not chewing... not having that sensation of being full... that is just the way it is for me...

I am withdrawing from my carb drug... and it has been 7 horrible days... now... I am feeling better... but I don't think there is any easy way to go through this withdrawal period.  You body will fight you... but you can and must do it...

Now we know for sure that we have not chosen the "easy way out".

Good luck and many blessings...

phelpsa
on 4/17/10 6:22 am, edited 4/17/10 6:22 am - MI
I am on day 6 of the 14 day pre-op diet. I opted for Boost Glucose Control supplements. I get 6 a day and 3 solid liquid choices a day. I found on day 4 and 5 I was feeling tired and irritable. I was saving my 3 solid liquid choices for dinner. WRONG.. I need to space them out through the day. My blood sugar is dipping without the tiny amount of carbs I do get from the 3 solid liquids. Today, I started with 4 oz of sugar free oatmeal. At lunch 4 oz of potatoes(thinned) and added 2 oz of fat free cream of chicken soup to them. Yumm.. For dinner I am going to repeat lunch solid. So far today I have felt better physically. Not looking for to the 2nd week of the diet that starts monday.
mandeepandy2001
on 4/18/10 11:21 am
i am on day four of my 15 day pre op liquid diet  i have four protein shakes a day. it has been really tough but i have held to it i try to remember that this is my choice to do this and i want to do this and when i feel really crappy i just repeat this to my self . 4 days down 11days to go
Most Active
Recent Topics
Happy 3 year :)
Razzmuffin · 0 replies · 901 views
Starting Over
Lisa Y. · 5 replies · 1234 views
Hi all! 1½ yr update =)
Blue_Rattie · 1 replies · 1004 views