I've Been Banded!

LuvlyLissa1026
on 4/15/10 6:21 am
Hello Everyone!

I've been banded!  I was in surgery by 8am yesterday morning (4/14/10) and was released to go home at 2pm.  I'm very tender and still have pressure, but am home and doing well with liquids. I've never liked Chicken Noodle Soup, but I think Chicken Broth is my new best friend!  It went down so well and felt so good in my new tummy!!!  LOL

Good luck to others that have surgery still pending for this month! You can do it!

Lissa
Realize Band 4/14/10
Dr. Schram - Barix Clinic, Ypsilanti, MI

Christina M.
on 4/15/10 8:34 am
Congratulations!!  I too was banded yesterday.  I went in at 730 and was home by noon.  I think that if I didn't have a small hiatal hernia repair (completely unexpected) then I would be doing great.  I have tenderness and pressure too, but more so my diaphragm hurts when I cough and deep breathe.  Overall, it is not bad at all. It is still hard to belive that the surgery that I have been waiting for is over.  Now the hard work begins.

Good luck to everyone.
Cammy

ashbee01
on 4/15/10 9:52 am - Columbus, GA
Congrats to the both of you! I was banded on Monday and today has been the best day so far. Remember to have some Gas-X strips or something similar on hand....the gas can get BAD after a day or so!
Kim5515
on 4/16/10 6:50 am - Bonney Lake, WA
Congrats to all of you !!  I'll be having my procedure next week.

Broth is our friend  :)

Kim  
HW 315 /CW 152/ GW 148

devshan
on 4/18/10 10:00 am - El Paso, TX
Congrats!!  I got my Realize Band on Thursday 4/15.  I feel so much better today...but I still have the gas pain.  I think I need to walk more.  Also extremely tired and a little constipated (thank you percocet!) but I will survive!!

I still can't believe I did it!!  It doesn't seem real.  I am on a very limited liquid diet and that fact that I'm not starving drives home the fact that I now have a great tool, but still.....weird!!

I am pretty sick of the liquids.  When my hubby and kids eat, I get a little nostalgic for the texture and taste of food...but I keep reminding myself that this is temporary and that I will get to eat again!!

LuvlyLissa1026
on 4/18/10 10:49 am
Try some MOM.  I had to take some today and it finally worked. 

I have been craving the taste of actual food.  Find something that is within our guidelines, like a hint of dressing you like, and just have a small taste.  I had to do this last night while my husband and son were having dinner.  I had 2T of fat free, lite ranch dressing (it was within the guidelines for sugar and all) and it actually curbed that craving for me.  I figure I'll do that again this evening when they eat in about 20 minutes.  

I am having difficulty getting everything in.  I can't even do the one cup of skim milk for the protein shake!  I had to break it up into 2 servings.  I've never been full off of a few sips of milk before (and of course, I don't like milk anyway).  However, it is getting a little easier each day.

Good luck to you and we will make it through this journey together!
Realize Band 4/14/10
Dr. Schram - Barix Clinic, Ypsilanti, MI

devshan
on 4/18/10 11:50 am - El Paso, TX
Genius!!  Salad Dressing!!  Who would've thought? 

Thanks for the tip - keep 'em coming!!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Happy 3 year :)
Razzmuffin · 0 replies · 901 views
Starting Over
Lisa Y. · 5 replies · 1234 views
Hi all! 1½ yr update =)
Blue_Rattie · 1 replies · 1004 views