surgery scheduled.. now i'm freaking out!

phoenix 279
on 4/14/10 12:15 am - Morrisville, NC
my surgery has been scheduled for 4/28. Now my nerves are getting to me.. i am suddenly wondering if i have made the right decision... I am getting scared of complications etc. Any advise??
kitycat58
on 4/14/10 1:20 am
You know, I did the same thing, and I think that is a typical responce.  This is happening so I really have to be sure now.  Keep your thoughts together and know why you are doing this.  Go thru all the reason you choose this.  You will do fine.  I was this way til the moment I walked into the operating room.  Even then I told myslef, "you have 5 seconds to turn and run".  But I knew I had made the right choice.  Do the comparision.  Compare the problems with WLS with the problems say, of Diabetes.  Surgery wins.  Good luck in you journey.  Your nerves are typical and if you did not feel this, probably would mean you had not researched it very well.  You know what you are in for and will not take it lightly.   Kathy
phoenix 279
on 4/14/10 2:07 pm - Morrisville, NC
i feel better knowing that i'm not the only one feeling like this! thanks
LadySteeler
on 4/14/10 1:33 am - Clayton, NC
I will tell you... my surgery is next week... and I can't even freak out about it... I am so hungry from my pre-op diet... that I cannot wait for it all to be over! Lawd!

Emily F.
on 4/14/10 3:16 am
I also think positive thoughts really help. 'know' there will be no complications and believe it. Sending hugs.
For great WLS info join me here  www.dsfacts.com
phoenix 279
on 4/14/10 2:08 pm - Morrisville, NC
thanks a lot! using the secret.... think positive, positive happens!
Rachel Box
on 4/14/10 5:28 am - St Petersburg, FL
 If I can get through this, anyone can!!! I almost talked myself out of it about 100 times.  My Mom and Grandma weren't really behind me with it and they kept saying that I was killing them because they were so nervous about it.  Yesterday when I woke up though I knew I was making the right decision for me, my health and my future.  I talked a lot to God and he had my insurance cover this and I knew then that I was given this tool as a gift.  My prayers have been answered.  This was my first surgery and first stay in the hospital ever, so I was very scared.  I only have a small bit of pain from the gas, other than that I am doing great. Only you can make this decision, but for me there was no other choice.
 Me (30), Hubby (34)
Surgery date April 13th!!!
RNY
Type II diabetes, PCOS and high blood pressure

phoenix 279
on 4/14/10 2:12 pm - Morrisville, NC
i have had 3 c-sections, so i kinda know what its gonna be like. but csections dont have many unforeseen complications. thats what gives me this helpless feeling. but its great to hear u r doing well...  good luck for the days to come...
Most Active
Recent Topics
Happy 3 year :)
Razzmuffin · 0 replies · 901 views
Starting Over
Lisa Y. · 5 replies · 1234 views
Hi all! 1½ yr update =)
Blue_Rattie · 1 replies · 1004 views