Had my RNY yesterday!

michelly1030
on 4/14/10 4:40 am - Turlock, CA
Hey everyone! Had my RNY yesterday at 11am... I am feeling pretty good,except for some pretty intense gas pain on the left side right under my ribs! Other than that, a-ok. Had a couple times where I was nauseous and they quickly gave me something to take that away. Morphine just makes me sleep so that's all I did last night. About 430 this morning, I took my first little walk and I've taken 4 walks since then (going a little farther each time). My husband is here visiting now and he's been great. He brought the laptop in so I could leave an update. Thats about it. I was worried for nothing. It's really been no big deal! Surgery was done in 50minutes my surgeon said and I get to go home tomorrow morning. I am handling water, jello, tea and broth just fine. And I am NOT hungry at all. Good luck to all the other Aprils!!

~Chelle~

http://www.worththeweightloss.blogspot.com/
HW: 258 SW:(248) GW:150                    
Rachel Box
on 4/14/10 5:07 am - St Petersburg, FL
 Had mine yesterday too...and I am in the same boat as you.  Pain under the ribs on the left side, but other than that I feel great.  They had a little trouble while I was in surgery putting in the central line, but I don't remember that.  I was out like a light! My surgeon came in today and looked at me and said "Are you sure you even had surgery?". I told him that he was there, he should tell me.    Glad to hear you are doing well.  We are surgery sisters now.  LOL.  I get to start clear liquids tomorrow.  Keep me posted on how you are doing.  
 Me (30), Hubby (34)
Surgery date April 13th!!!
RNY
Type II diabetes, PCOS and high blood pressure

Emily F.
on 4/14/10 6:27 am
Congrats to both of you!
For great WLS info join me here  www.dsfacts.com
kitycat58
on 4/14/10 6:38 am
Glad both of you are doing great.  Morphine kept me awake..don't know if that is unusual or not, but I watched the clock in my room all night long.  Probably should have asked for something to sleep, but I was comfortable, so it was ok.  Same pain as you both, left side rib cage area.  Still bothers me there, but much better 1 week out.  Glad to hear from both of you.  Take care.  Don't forget the pillow on the ride home, specially if you have a ways to go. 
wiltedrose314
on 4/14/10 8:48 am - Falmouth, MA
congrats to you guys!! left side pain is definetly gas, and im feelin it as well... no fun!
HW 310/SW 284.5/CW 201/GW 150

tedmales
on 4/14/10 2:19 pm

I feel like an air pump.  Everytime I walk air comes flying out of me from all directions.  But the more I move the better I feel.   Good luck to everyone.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Happy 3 year :)
Razzmuffin · 0 replies · 901 views
Starting Over
Lisa Y. · 5 replies · 1234 views
Hi all! 1½ yr update =)
Blue_Rattie · 1 replies · 1004 views