Anyone experience out of breath and dizziness???

kwkelly
on 4/12/10 1:32 am
I am 1 week out of suregery and feeling overall pretty good the only problem I am having is the fact that I get extremely lightheaded and out of breath just walking from one room to the other.

I am not sure if this is because I have not been able to get all my liquids in or if it may be something worse/??

I have lvm with Dr's office and anxiously waiting a return call???

Kim5515
on 4/12/10 1:47 am - Bonney Lake, WA
I am pre op and have been on liquids for 7 days, but I felt the same way yesterday, bad enough that I had to stop walking and catch my breath.  Looking back at my day, I realized I hadn't had any protein in over 7 hours.

Grabbed a protein drink at GNC, sat down and in 10 minutes, I was good as new.

Glad you called your doctor - keep us posted.

Kim  
HW 315 /CW 152/ GW 148

Emily F.
on 4/12/10 2:34 am
Maybe low blood sugar? Try fruit juice and see if that helps.
kwkelly
on 4/12/10 12:49 pm
Doc had me go into the ER to rule out Pulmonary Emboli since I have a history of them...

Yeah we ruled them out! I was extremely dehydrated because I was not getting enough fluids in so they filled me up with several bags of fluids so i was floating out of there :) and They think it might be the elevation where I live causing the shortness of breath. I live at 8500 ft up in the mountains and the hospital is at like 5500 ft so I felt fine there. So they have given me oxygen for night time but said if I feel extremely out of breath during the day to go ahead and use it!

I have learned my lesson!!! I will be drinking alot more than I was before!!!!

Oh, yeah I am also trying to drink more protein!!!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Happy 3 year :)
Razzmuffin · 0 replies · 901 views
Starting Over
Lisa Y. · 5 replies · 1234 views
Hi all! 1½ yr update =)
Blue_Rattie · 1 replies · 1004 views