Pre-Op this morning, surgery tomorrow

Rachel Box
on 4/11/10 10:15 pm - St Petersburg, FL
 Going to see my surgeon this morning.  I have about 10 questions for him and then I will see how the 2 week pre-op diet went.  I hope it went good, but we'll see.  I have my bags for the hospital packed already.  Probably taking way too much, but I don't want to forget something and have to have my Mom or husband come get it for me.  Luckily we only live about 20 minutes away from the hospital.  When I sleep at night now I seem to be having a lot of nightmares.  Did anyone else have this happen? I think it's just anxiety getting the best of me.  Congratulations to all who are already on the other side, I know there are a lot of people scheduled today.  And good luck to all of you who are preparing for surgery this month.  :-)  Will post again, hopefully tomorrow after surgery if I am feeling up to it.  
 Me (30), Hubby (34)
Surgery date April 13th!!!
RNY
Type II diabetes, PCOS and high blood pressure

Emily F.
on 4/12/10 1:30 am
congrats!!!  I overpacked too, but there was no running home for me! lol. I had two nights of panic attacks where I thought I had eaten something I wasn't suppose to and woke up thinking I had to call my patient coordinator and tell her what I did. Wait until your post op days and you'll be dreaming of food, food, food! lol.   You'll do great, just follow the doctor's orders tot he T. :)
Kim5515
on 4/12/10 1:49 am - Bonney Lake, WA
Rachel !!!  I am so excited for you.  Hope you get some sleep tonight.

I have been having very vivid dreams, not necessarily nightmares, but overall just not sleeping very well.  I actually tried to drink some protein just before bed last night, thinking if I had something in my stomach, I would sleep better.  I think it worked, too.  I actually got 5 hours of uninterrupted sleep.

Good luck at the doctors - hopefully will answer all your questions and you can relax a bit this evening.

Will be thinking of you and sending positive energy your way !!

Kim

Kim  
HW 315 /CW 152/ GW 148

lady-luck
on 4/12/10 2:12 am - Orange, CA
My sleep is disturbed by all thoughts going through my head about past events, no idea why. I have missed having my chocolate drink before bed and think this has something to do with it.
Good luck for tomorrow

Myra
Kim5515
on 4/12/10 2:23 am - Bonney Lake, WA
I got my pre op directions from my surgeon last week - just looked at them.  I have to check into the hospital at 5:30 AM.  Yuck.... I'll be fine, but my husband is not a morning person.  Glad I'll be leaving him in the waiting room !

Kim  
HW 315 /CW 152/ GW 148

Most Active
Recent Topics
Happy 3 year :)
Razzmuffin · 0 replies · 901 views
Starting Over
Lisa Y. · 5 replies · 1234 views
Hi all! 1½ yr update =)
Blue_Rattie · 1 replies · 1004 views