After Surgery

endurechange
on 4/11/10 7:02 am
Hi everyone, I had surgery on Wednesday April 7th 2010. The day of surgery I was so nervous as the anesthesiologist put me under he said good night to me and my response was I am not sleep yet. These last few days have been hard because of the pain and getting use to what my pouch can hold. I am still having a problem with the gas so my intake is not alot. Other than that I am not having any problems and I am looking forward to progressing as we all venture on this journey. To all of you with upcoming surgeries I wish you luck and I will be waiting for you on the other side. To everyone else lets stick together and be a strong support to one another because I am sure that everyday wont be easy and I can use all the support that I can get.
kitycat58
on 4/11/10 8:16 am
Glad your surgery went smoothly.  Sounds like you seem to be at about the same spot I am.  Mine was only one day before you (rny).  As I approached the operating table I was saying in my head "you have 5 seconds to turn and run"; but I am glad I didn't.  Now for the recovery.  No major problems; just had some pain control issues that a change in medication helped, and I find myself feeling hungry about 10 pm.. Uping my protein shake in the afternoon just a bit and adding in fiber.  I will try eating dinner just a bit later too.  I am also into looking for the support; so stay in touch.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Happy 3 year :)
Razzmuffin · 0 replies · 901 views
Starting Over
Lisa Y. · 5 replies · 1234 views
Hi all! 1½ yr update =)
Blue_Rattie · 1 replies · 1004 views