Still hungry

kitycat58
on 4/10/10 9:14 am, edited 4/10/10 9:15 am
Still finding myself hungry.  Any suggestions.  On stage II.  1/4 cup cottage cheese for breakfast with 1/4 applesauce, then water water water, 4 ounce protein shake about 10, lunch is 1/4 cup cream soup and 1/4 cup yogar****er water water.....4 ounce protein shake about 3 and then 1/4 cup cream soup and applesauce or yogart...  Specially about 10 pm, tummy is growling.  and its not gas... keep reading my discharge info thinking I am missing something.  I bought some fiber to add in, but not sure what to do with the 10pm hungers.  5 days post op
(deactivated member)
on 4/10/10 10:34 am
Is it possible to move one of your high protein meals/snacks until about 9.  The high protein might curb your hunger. Let me know.
kitycat58
on 4/10/10 1:44 pm
Gonna give it a try.  Thx.  Its about 9 pm now, and I can kinda feel the growling starting up.  I will try just one or two little bits of yogart tonight and see if thats enough to stop it, if not, I will try moving one protein til later.
Emily F.
on 4/11/10 2:09 am
what surgery did you have? I would check your carb intake. Applesauce has carbs and check your protein shakes to make sure they are not too high.

If you have rny, remember that you don't have a valve on your pouch so the liquids are basically running through and you are not going to feel full. Its my understanding that rny's nerves in the stomach have been cut and you shouldn't expect to feel 'full'. That of course is if you are rny.
For great WLS info join me here  www.dsfacts.com
kitycat58
on 4/11/10 2:33 am
I had RNY.  I am making sure I do not drink 1/2 hour before or after eating.  And its a growling feeling that I am getting..(my be relating it to how I felt when I was hungry before the surgery).  I only have the 1/4 c applesauce in the morning with cottage cheese.  My other two meals are cream soup and yogart.  Only the things listed on my discharge until I see my doctor.  Ofcourse the clear liquids are still ok, but not filling.  I have not had any vomiting issues.  BM is very runny so I added in fiber.  Also thinking the fiber might help the hunger feeling too. I constantly sip water except before and after meals.  That's about it.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Happy 3 year :)
Razzmuffin · 0 replies · 901 views
Starting Over
Lisa Y. · 5 replies · 1234 views
Hi all! 1½ yr update =)
Blue_Rattie · 1 replies · 1004 views