Surgery April 14th!

LuvlyLissa1026
on 4/11/10 1:49 am
Hello Everyone!

My name is Lissa, I'm 27 from Jackson, MI.  My surgery is this coming Wednesday, April 14th.  I'm having the Realize Band put in by Dr. Schram at the Barix in Ypsilanti, MI.  My arrival time is 5:45 a.m.  I currently weigh 297 pounds.  My personal goal is to reach about 170, but my projected goal from the clinic is between 130-145 pounds.  

My family right now consists of myself, my husband (Donnie) and our son (Giovanni) who will be 3 in July.  We also have two cats, Trixi and Pixi.  I work FT for the county and will return to work on Tuesday, April 20, 2010.  

I just wanted to introduce myself and wish all the April 2010 surgery date people and speedy recovery.
Realize Band 4/14/10
Dr. Schram - Barix Clinic, Ypsilanti, MI

Emily F.
on 4/11/10 2:02 am
congrats on your decision. I have a two year old boy and five year old twin girls. Welcome and hope to see you posting!
For great WLS info join me here  www.dsfacts.com
ZoeC
on 4/11/10 3:05 am
Best of luck to you.  My date is the 21st!
Kim5515
on 4/11/10 3:23 am - Bonney Lake, WA
Best of luck to you, I'm having RNY on the 20th.  I guess I'm the oldie on the boards, I have a daughter who is turning 29 this week, have a 2 year old grandon and another on the way !

Kim  
HW 315 /CW 152/ GW 148

Kyakamom
on 4/11/10 4:28 am - Santa Cruz, CA
Kim, I am right there with you! My surgery is 4/12/2010. I have a 30 year old duaghter, two grandchildren 3 and 22 months and two sons in their mid twenties. I have fought this weight issue my entire life and it is never to late to get healthly and hot! Best wishes and luck to all of us having surgery this month. Kathy
Kyaka Mom           
kitycat58
on 4/11/10 4:40 am
Hi Lissa.  I am Kathy.  Had my RNY this last Tuesday.  Up and around although still sore.  Things are slowly improving though.  Good luck to you with your surgery.    Wishing you the speedy recovery too.
lady-luck
on 4/11/10 5:02 am - Orange, CA
Hi Lissa

Great to have you aboard the April bus . My date is 20th , and I am having a revision from band to sleeve. I have 2 sons back home in England plus one grandson back there too. One day I will go back there to live. I think I must be the oldest on the April list as I am 60 years young  but hey, age is but a number right?
Keep posting to let us know how it all goes for you

Hugs
Myra
Christina M.
on 4/11/10 12:46 pm
Hi, I'm having the Realize band placed April 14th too. I am nervous, but I definitely think that I am ready for this change in my life.  I have done a lot of pre-op preparation, more than I ever thought
would be capable of. It has given me a better appreciation for my strength.

I really don't have a goal weight, and my surgeons office never set one for me either.  I hope to lose enough to feel better and be better able to live my life without getting hung up on the number of pounds.  The doctor did say that most of his patients lose one half of their excess weight in the first year.  So that would be a consideralbe amount for me.

I am taking off three weeks from work, since I am a nurse and have a very physical job so I won't go bac****il May 10.

Best of luck to you and everyone here!!!!

Cammy

teelcap
on 4/13/10 2:33 am
Hi
I too am having surgery on the 14th (RNY).  I have two children a 10 year old boy and a 7 year old girl.  Hope everyone has a speedy recovery.
Tracy
Most Active
Recent Topics
Happy 3 year :)
Razzmuffin · 0 replies · 901 views
Starting Over
Lisa Y. · 5 replies · 1234 views
Hi all! 1½ yr update =)
Blue_Rattie · 1 replies · 1004 views