whats everyone postop eating?

wiltedrose314
on 4/10/10 8:53 am - Falmouth, MA
Just curious what everyones meal plan includes...

Breakfast ill have carnation instant breakfast
Crystal lite between
Lunch creamy soup or broth.. I can't eat a lot
Crystal lite between this
Maybe a popsicle
Dinner protein shake. Nectar, crystal lite, and water
Maybe pudding or jello
Crystal lite until bed

I don't think I'm getting enough protein tho
HW 310/SW 284.5/CW 201/GW 150

(deactivated member)
on 4/10/10 10:36 am
I haven't started my post-op food but my doc has us go straight from the hospital to soft foods.  Your food list looks good. How are you feeling now?
swrere
on 4/10/10 12:38 pm
Hi! I am 4 days post op from lap band and feeling SO much better! I have struggled to get my protein, too. My Dr. said 90 grams per day! Argh! I have been doing adkins protein shakes (mine have 15 grams),  choc. protein powder with milk or water (about 27 grams with milk), some isopure clear liquid protein (GAG!), some keffir liquid yogurt (11 grams per cup) and lots of water. I have been trying to stick with things with lots of protein b/c its a struggle to get enough per day. I haven't been doing too much "yummy "stuff (jello, etc) b/c if I "fill up" (funny to think of that as filling!) on that I haven't been able to get my protein. I can't wait for soft foods!! (on Tuesday April 20th). Hope this helps! 
lmatthews27
on 4/11/10 1:14 am - Delaware, OH
Hello!

Surgery buddy! I am on the same  diet as you until week 3 then it is puree foods. It has been so hard to get everything in. I will try my best today but all I want to do is sleep.....
Dr. Myers said to add dry milk powder to your cream soup for a little more protein.

Are you also supposed to take your vitimins? I am supposed to fit these in as well.. but not idea how?
kwkelly
on 4/11/10 5:40 am
I am so jealous! I am 5 days post op and still on clear liquids. Isopro, water, decaf tea, jello, popcicles....I am so extremely tired and lathargic...So then I try to get more protein because of course I am not getting enough and then I almost make myself sick trying to drink so much!!!! This coming Wed I go to a nutrition class and I should be able to start adding some soft foods with maybe some more protein I hate feeling like it takes everything out of me to just put a pair of pants on! LOL then after all that they were backwards! Screw it i'm wearing backwards pants today :)

wiltedrose314
on 4/11/10 9:41 am - Falmouth, MA
yeah i am taking my vitamins between all that. its lovely. i dont even wanna have my protein shake today i cant even think of drink it. this morning i could barely keep down half a glass of my carnation instant breakfast ugh. so i had my mom pick me up some diet snapple so that i could atleast have something "real" as in in my previous life lol. i had chicken broth for lunch today and that was alright going down. im just sick of all this crappy "food" thank god i can eat again on the 20th. its only 9 more days thats all i keep thinking!!
HW 310/SW 284.5/CW 201/GW 150

Lisa Y.
on 4/12/10 11:08 am
I just had my surgery today, and am feeling pretty good.

i would highly recommend the following products, they taste really good and you can do all kinds of recipes with them:

Unjury - Chocolate and Vanilla Shakes, Chicken Soup, when mixing the soup be sure to keep the temperature under 120 degrees. These all have 21-28 grams of protein in them.

Healthwise - Fruit drinks, hot chocolate (yum), pudding. These all have at least 15 grams of protein, some have 22 when you add milk.

Skip the Atkins shakes, they are gross. They leave a film on the inside of your mouth. Ensure is pretty good, but expensive

It does not look like you are getting enough protein to me, if you don't you will lose you hair, and I'm sure you don't want that to happen.

I hope this helps.

Lisa
Barbarella
on 4/13/10 3:56 am
 The Chocolate Boost Protein drinks are good! 
Most Active
Recent Topics
Happy 3 year :)
Razzmuffin · 0 replies · 901 views
Starting Over
Lisa Y. · 5 replies · 1234 views
Hi all! 1½ yr update =)
Blue_Rattie · 1 replies · 1004 views