Home from the hospital

kitycat58
on 4/8/10 1:02 am
Surgery was Tuesday.  Came home last night.  Can't lie; very sore...Hard time sleeping and getting comfortable.  Anyone have suggestions?  I am a stomach sleeper; but kinda laid sideway with a pillow under me.  could not help but think is it ok to lay on the stitches? That's my biggest question. Guess the other answers will follow.  I am currently enjoying a 1/4 cup of cottage cheese and 1/4 cup of applesauce and wondering how am I gonna eat all this...(thats kind of an lol) .

My thoughts when I got to the hospital.  I was first up.  With the IV attached I walked into the OR.  I meet the OR crew.  Very cold in there.   Then I saw it.  The operating table.  It was black and low to the ground. The thought in my head was "you have 5 seconds to turn and run!!!)  but I didn't.  I was told I was being giving something to relax me, and that is all she wrote. 

Well, now that it is done; I gotta say it's kinda hard to believe I did this and its over with.  Now recooperate.  So I say Hail to water; cottage cheese and lots of vitamins.  Hopefullly the pain will go soon.  (I miss the pain pump)...

Let me know if any of you found a comfortable way to sleep, specially if you tummy sleepers.
kitycat58
on 4/8/10 1:03 am
Sorry wanted to list as HOT and not urgent...Not sure how to fix this.
Cindya19
on 4/8/10 2:41 am - West Bend, WI
Congratulations.  Had my pre-op visit yesterday and was told that I am going to feel like I wa**** with a truck the day after surgery.  I did have a hysterectomy 2 1/2 yrs ago and am also a stomach sleeper.  The pillow helped me get thru those nights lying on my side before I could sleep on my tummy again.
spragan
on 4/8/10 2:51 am
I got home from the hospital Tuesday, had surgery on Monday. I am a stomach sleeper, but to be honest the pain meds they sent home with me are great. I take one at bedtime and I'm out, sleeping on my back. They have you eating already!? Wow!

I'm on liquids (2oz protein (shakes) and 3 oz water every hour). Feeling pretty good, just really tired and sore. Hubby had to help me in the shower.  I miss the pain pump, too, but I sure as heck don't miss the hospital! Ugh!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Happy 3 year :)
Razzmuffin · 0 replies · 901 views
Starting Over
Lisa Y. · 5 replies · 1234 views
Hi all! 1½ yr update =)
Blue_Rattie · 1 replies · 1004 views