Gross Alert! 3 days after surg. no number 2..lol

spragan
on 4/9/10 11:37 am
I haven't gone yet either. Sugery was on Monday.I had tons of painful gas before coming home from surgery and passed gas and felt a lot better. Should I be worried that I haven't had a BM yet?

dawnnikki
on 4/9/10 11:49 pm - Sharpsburg, GA
Nooo..don't worry...we did the worring for you..lol  Just do what we did..gas x and stool softeners and you will go.  The surgery,,,being put to sleep..and the gas...and the pain meds are making it really hard and from what I can see...it's happening alot!  Good luck! lol

Dawn

(deactivated member)
on 4/10/10 1:54 am
Remember when you went in your bowels were clean and empty. The shakes and other liquids come out mostly as urine. So you have hardly anything in your bowls even though you feel like you need to go but can't.

I put Mirolax and Benefiber and in  every shake. The Mirolax keep you regular and the Benefiber adds some bulk to what little you have inside of you. Benifiber come is in generic and it has no consistency until it gets to your bowls.

Check with your doctor just to be sure it is safe for you. Mine said it was okay but every doc is different.
dawnnikki
on 4/10/10 7:39 am - Sharpsburg, GA
Good idea with the Benefiber.  I will ask my doc.  I do have some none flavored Fibercon.  Wonder if that will work..hmmmmm

megs0676
on 4/10/10 2:09 am - Knoxville, TN
I had my surgery on Tuesday and had to breakdown yesterday and sip some Milk of Magnesia. Yuck!! But effective

Megan

265/247/236/165
Highest Weight / Day of Surgery / Current / Goal

dawnnikki
on 4/10/10 7:35 am - Sharpsburg, GA
Awesome Megan!...You mean Chalk of Magnesia?..lol

Dawn

megs0676
on 4/10/10 11:17 am - Knoxville, TN
LOL, I know!! The stuff is BAD.
Megan

265/247/236/165
Highest Weight / Day of Surgery / Current / Goal

kwkelly
on 4/10/10 11:27 am
I have been taking colace 2xs a day and while in the hospital they made me drink milk of magnesia and that did the trick.Once in the hospital and 2xs today and I am on an all liquid diet...Good luck to yah!

Blue_Rattie
on 4/10/10 11:27 am
Well, my surgery is next week, BUT I remember after having both my c-sections that it took qutie a few days to have a bowel movement. I remember popping colace like candy =P I had tons of gas pass, but nothing else.....I felt a lot better once I DID have a BM.
dawnnikki
on 4/11/10 12:14 am - Sharpsburg, GA
Yeah..I know what you mean..kindof.  I had two c-sections as well but I was in the hospital for 5 days with the first and 4 days with the second and they made me go before I left.  This time around, since I was outpatient...IT WAS ALL UP TO ME...BooHoo..lol!  I guess I was panicing.  I'm all good now and feel much better!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Happy 3 year :)
Razzmuffin · 0 replies · 901 views
Starting Over
Lisa Y. · 5 replies · 1234 views
Hi all! 1½ yr update =)
Blue_Rattie · 1 replies · 1004 views