I'm on the other side!!

Emily F.
on 4/6/10 1:15 am
Yesterday was my ds surgery in Mexico.  I'm in a ton of pain but I know it will be worth it. Congrats to all those with upcoming surgeries and surgeries today!! Emily
For great WLS info join me here  www.dsfacts.com
LadySteeler
on 4/6/10 1:17 am - Clayton, NC
Congratulations!  Rest easy and enjoy the ride to come!

FWLizzie
on 4/6/10 1:20 am - Fort Worth, TX
Congratulations Emily!

Glad to hear your surgery went well, make room for me on Friday!

Had no idea you were in Hermosillo, I have family there and my cousin told my Mom I should have gotten there...of course after I had already selected a surgeon...have not been in Hermosillo like in 10 years.

Keeping you in my thoughts,

Liz

Emily F.
on 4/6/10 3:40 am
That's funny!!  I wish you were here with me! That would have been a blast.  Everyone here has been super nice, even the waitresses last night. There is a language barrier but we've gotten through so far. I got my broth and jello, it was a feast compared to the previous days. I don't think I get to eat for another week, so I savored that 'last meal'.

emily
FWLizzie
on 4/6/10 10:06 am - Fort Worth, TX
Hi Emily, yeah that would have been great. My cousin is the dean of the university there. I also have relatives in Ciudad Obregon, Guaymas, San Carlos Bay  and Sonora (which are cities, all close by)

Bet it's pretty hot there, for some reason it always is. My mom was talking to her sister and my cousin told her they had excellent doctors there and that she wished I would have had it there so they could help take care of me and also be with my mom.

I guess I can't recommend all the good places to eat there, huh? JK

I hope to have as much energy as you have right now after my surgery!

Liz

Emily F.
on 4/6/10 1:05 pm
Well, my mom has just eaten at the cafeteria at Hotel Colonial and the hospital food. She comes back and tells me something funny that is different than what we are used to.  Like refried beans with a cheese omelet. She doesn't travel a lot so its funny.

I would love for you to tell us any sites to see. Luz told us about the cathedral and the govt building, but don't really want to take a cab ride just to see that, but we'll see how stir crazy I get in the next 7 days!!
(deactivated member)
on 4/6/10 4:10 am
Your Home!!! We missed you here. I hope you are feeling better soon. Who is helping with the kids?  Take care of yourself first.

BFF Diana
Emily F.
on 4/6/10 4:47 am
My hubby has the kids, I think its so funny that people are shocked at how hands-on my hubby is. He is a great help, bathing them, getting them dressed, feeding them. He is a modern man!

Recovery is WAY worse than I expected. Of course, this is the first time I've been in the hospital without a baby, or two, to take care of, so its just not as sweet, you know??

Are you getting ready, Diana?
imacvyvr
on 4/6/10 7:38 am - Norfolk, VA
I'm not far behind you Emily! I'm glad you are doing well.

Amy

Most Active
Recent Topics
Happy 3 year :)
Razzmuffin · 0 replies · 901 views
Starting Over
Lisa Y. · 5 replies · 1234 views
Hi all! 1½ yr update =)
Blue_Rattie · 1 replies · 1004 views