Surgery is Tomorrow and Started Liquid Diet Today. SCAREDDDDDD

Rasha S.
on 4/6/10 1:53 am - Staten Island, NY
RNY on 04/07/10 with
My surgery is tomorrow and i'm waiting for a phone call from the hospital to inform me about the time they need me there.

I'm scared, excited tooo.

Has anyone had the surgery couple of days ago that can tell me how he's feeling today????

If the world is up a hill, climb it with a stick called "WILL" and never disappear and say "I WILL" 

this widget? Get your own at http://www.obesityhelp.com/myoh/healthtracker/source,widget/">ObesityHelp.com>

spankysgrl
on 4/6/10 2:07 am - Union Grove, NC
My surgery is scheduled for April 19 and I know what you mean.  I am also scared and excited.  My surgeon requires a 2 week liquid diet.  I started that yesterday. 
Emily F.
on 4/6/10 3:38 am
My surgery was yesterday and I started a low carb diet for 1.5 and clear liquid for 5 days. Its just sxomething you have to go through and show yourself you cna do it. Stick to the diet, its worth it. He told me how well I did, he could tell from my liver.

I'm in pain but it gets better and better every hour. I just took a shower and a walk and feel pretty good considering the major surgery I just have.

He did a ds which is a vsg and bypass the intestines, took my gallbladder and appendix out.

Just remember why you are doing this! That is what is getting me through the day!

Sending hugs!
Emily
Rasha S.
on 4/6/10 5:05 am - Staten Island, NY
RNY on 04/07/10 with
I got my surgery time tomorrow... it's gonna be 7:30 am and i have to be in the hospital 6:00 am. I guess NO SLEEP tonight

If the world is up a hill, climb it with a stick called "WILL" and never disappear and say "I WILL" 

this widget? Get your own at http://www.obesityhelp.com/myoh/healthtracker/source,widget/">ObesityHelp.com>

Emily F.
on 4/6/10 5:41 am
My coordinator suggested I take something, so I took an ambien. I couldn't believe how well I slept.
For great WLS info join me here  www.dsfacts.com
(deactivated member)
on 4/6/10 5:10 am
Wow you are so pretty now and in a few months you are going to be a knock out! When you get back home let us know how you are doing.

I counted the April Surgeries through this Friday and there is 132 surgeries happening!
imacvyvr
on 4/6/10 7:48 am - Norfolk, VA
Mine is tomorrow too! I wish you the best of luck!!!! At least your liquid diet is 1day vs 2wks.

Amy

spragan
on 4/8/10 2:58 am
I had surgery on Monday and am at home resting comfortably! I feel pretty good. Mostly pain at the surgical sites and pain from gas build up, but doing much better. You are going to do fine! I had that panicky feeling when they took me back to anesthesia. I started crying, but everyone was very understanding. They wrapped me in warm blankets and they told me it was time to go and everything moved really quickly after that. There were a lot of people around me, all reassuring. You'll do GREAT!

themotherof3
on 4/9/10 6:52 am
My surgery is also April 19th started the liquid diet , have to be on it for 2 weeks also.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Happy 3 year :)
Razzmuffin · 0 replies · 901 views
Starting Over
Lisa Y. · 5 replies · 1234 views
Hi all! 1½ yr update =)
Blue_Rattie · 1 replies · 1004 views