Started liquids today

Kim5515
on 4/5/10 5:26 am - Bonney Lake, WA
It's official... I'm on my liquid diet starting today until my surgery on April 20th.  I have to do the dreaded colonoscopy on Wednesday and a stress/echo the following Wednesday.  Hopefully that will conclude all the pre-ops testing, poking and proding. 

So far so good, except no protein drinks until after Wednesday afternoon.  Gotta tell you, diet V8 Splash is pretty darn good.

Wish me luck !

Kim  
HW 315 /CW 152/ GW 148

(deactivated member)
on 4/5/10 6:49 am
I didn't have to do the colonoscopy or the stress/echo but i did have 9 pages of tests to do last week. What liquids are you drinking? I am going to check out the V-8 Splash. How many grams of sugar is there in one serving?

The time is going to fly for you now!!

Your surgery is on my 26th wedding annivarsery.

Take Care
Diana
Stephanie Colbert
on 4/5/10 9:38 am - Fort Rucker, AL
i know the V8 splashes have ~24g of sugar and the diet ones have about 12-14grams
Kim5515
on 4/5/10 11:27 am - Bonney Lake, WA
Just looked at my label - 10 calories, 2 g sugar in an 8 oz glass.    It sure hits the spot and will be nice to have around post op also.

Kim  
HW 315 /CW 152/ GW 148

lady-luck
on 4/6/10 2:21 am - Orange, CA
Hi Kim
Im on 20th also but I only have 2 days liquid to do. Now we are countdown--15 days and counting from today !!!

I am going to look for the V8 to see about having it for my 2 days. Are you all packed? What kind of vitamins do you take and have you started taking them already as I havent. Do we need to take calcium or anything else?

Hugs
Myra
Kim5515
on 4/6/10 5:27 am - Bonney Lake, WA
Hey there Myra !!  So glad to find another 20th surgery date.  Glad neither of us are alone.

Haven't even thought about packing yet, will probably do that the weekend before the 20th.  I have to work on the 19th and finish up several projects, so I'm sure the weekend will be busy before hand.

I'm taking lots of vitamins - I was having an issue with hair thinning, so I got on my supplements about 6 weeks ago.  Here's the list.  I got them all from the VitaLady  (www.vitalady.com), who is in my area, but does mail order also.  She's had RNY and is very knowledgeable.

Morning:
1000 mg Vitamin C
150 mg iron (my doctor actually has me on 325 mg now because my levels were very low)

Mid Day:
25000 IU Vitamin A
1000 mcg Vitamin B-12
420 mg Calcium-Magnesium-D3
1 B complex
1 Multi Vitamin (Centrum)
400IU Viteam E
10000 IU Vitamin D3

Evening:
1 Multi Vitamin (Centrum)
10000IU Vitamin D3
50mg Zinc
1000 mcg Vitamin B-9 Folic Acid

Bed time:
280 mg Magnesium Citrate
100 mg Vitamin B1

I'm doing ok on liquids, no protein yesterday or today or tomorrow due to a colonoscopy tomorrow, but can start on protein after that.  Wish I only had 2 days on liquid, apparently my doctor is very very cautious, which is a good thing.

Keep in touch as we both move along this journey !

Kim

Kim  
HW 315 /CW 152/ GW 148

lady-luck
on 4/7/10 4:35 pm - Orange, CA
Hey Kim

Thats a lot of meds to take. I am having the sleeve so I dont think I need to take all the same ones you do. When I had my band fitted I lost a little hair, well quite a bit actually. I always keep it short so I hope I dont lose too much this time. I havent started preparing yet apart from going out to get a towelling zip up knee length gown sort of so I can wear it while walking the corridors. I did get my vitamins a few weeks ago plus I got my protien around 3 weeks ago. I use milk that is 10 gr protein for an 8 ounce glass, then my powder is 27 gr so I get 37 at a time. I bought some popsicle makers and poured it into 4 of those and it is quite nice to be able to suck on it frozen while hubby has his klondike bar. One thing I am pleased about is that we will have wireless in the rooms so I can take my laptop with me to keep in touch with my family back in England while Im in there.
Lets keep in touch and cheer each other on.

Speak soon
Hugs
Myra
Kim5515
on 4/7/10 11:46 pm - Bonney Lake, WA
That's a great idea about the zip up - I may try to find one of those. All the lists say to bring a bathrobe, but both mine are super long and very bulky.  Where did you get yours?

For sure, it's alot of vitamins.  I have issues with iron deficiency, always have, so I take a whole lot of iron and that sometimes upsets my stomach.  I was worried about it on this liquid diet, but seems to be ok so far.  There's something that I take mid day that's upsetting my stomach, most likely the multi vitamin or B complex.  The nausea usually goes away in about 20 minutes, though.

We have WiFi too, so that's a great idea.  I hadn't even thought of that !!

Take care and yes, let's keep in touch !!

Kim  
HW 315 /CW 152/ GW 148

kitycat58
on 4/8/10 1:07 am
Kim, I found two wonderful robes at Kohls.  One zips and one Snaps.  The Snap is what I used in the hospital.  Very easy to put over the IV line....
Kim5515
on 4/8/10 12:40 pm - Bonney Lake, WA
Great ideas - thanks.  I will stop by Kohl's this weekend and see what I can find !

Kim  
HW 315 /CW 152/ GW 148

Most Active
Recent Topics
Happy 3 year :)
Razzmuffin · 0 replies · 901 views
Starting Over
Lisa Y. · 5 replies · 1234 views
Hi all! 1½ yr update =)
Blue_Rattie · 1 replies · 1004 views