Surgery April 5th!

dawnnikki
on 4/1/10 7:48 am - Sharpsburg, GA
Hello All!

I am so excited about my surgery coming up Monday.  I had my pre-op yesterday and everything is fine...the only thing is...I was reading some of the other post on here...and most are having a 2 week diet of liquids before...I am not!  The day before..EASTER...I have to stop eating regular at 6pm and then liquids til midnight.  I was worried because someone said it helps with the liver.  I am having the realize band so maybe that has something to do with it.  Any info would be helpful!

Thanks!!!
Dawn
Emily F.
on 4/1/10 9:17 am
they still have to move your liver over to put the band on, but you are not bypassing any intestines so that's why you don't have to clean out. How have you been eating? Low carb would do the trick, if I were you I would definitely so low carb until Monday to help.
For great WLS info join me here  www.dsfacts.com
dawnnikki
on 4/1/10 12:28 pm - Sharpsburg, GA
I haven't been on any type of diet.  I am not going thru insurance so it was kind of rushed to do at spring break while the kids are out of school.  I am a vegetarian so carbs are in my diet somewhat.  I have bee tryingto eat lighter though.
wiltedrose314
on 4/1/10 9:18 am - Falmouth, MA
hey!! congrats!!!

my surgery is on the 6th and i am on the same preop plan as you. stop eating at 5pm (instead of your 6) and drink that NASTY laxative drink. and then nothing past midnight!!

good luck!!!
HW 310/SW 284.5/CW 201/GW 150

dawnnikki
on 4/1/10 12:29 pm - Sharpsburg, GA
I didn't get that NASTY..lol...laxative drink.  What is it?
bacon1975
on 4/1/10 11:40 am - Minneapolis, MN
My doctor has had me on a low calorie diet since January when I got my surgery date. I only have 2 days of clear liquid diet with my bowel prep, but nothing more. The idea for my surgeon anyway, is to lose the required weight before surgery by following certain post op rules (chew slowly, no drinks with meals etc) and then only 2 days to clear out is necessary. If I hadn't been able to lose the 10 lbs he required than I would have been on all liquids for as long as it took. Lots of different surgeons have different rules. No worries!! Just do what YOUR surgeon tells you. Best of luck!!
dawnnikki
on 4/1/10 12:32 pm - Sharpsburg, GA
Yeah..I guess I should go by what he says huh..lol.  I know all doctors do things different.  Thanks!
kwkelly
on 4/1/10 1:54 pm
Yeah, Just listen to what your surgeon says since everyone has different methods. I only have to do a bowel prep- started taking some metamucil today and each each day until Sun and start colace on Sat and then a liquid diet starting Saturday and surgery on Monday! Good luck to you!!! I would not worry!!!

lmatthews27
on 4/3/10 2:12 am - Delaware, OH
Good Morning surgery buddies!!!

I went and bought Easter dinner already made for my family. I am on a liquid diet low carbs. It is day # 3. I did not have to take the laxative drink. On Monday evening nothing to drink or eat after midnight....

EVERYONE GETTING EXCITED???
Most Active
Recent Topics
Happy 3 year :)
Razzmuffin · 0 replies · 901 views
Starting Over
Lisa Y. · 5 replies · 1234 views
Hi all! 1½ yr update =)
Blue_Rattie · 1 replies · 1004 views