Did you have (or do your plan to have) a last meal?

bkwc129
on 3/31/10 9:56 am
I didn't.  Couldn't think of anything I wanted.  I got my surgery date too quickly for me to give it any thought.
Emily F.
on 3/31/10 10:03 am
Well, I had greasy, cheesy, gooey pizza the night before my pre op low carb diet started, then came home day 1 and binged on the leftovers. Tonight is the last night of food before liquid for a couple of WEEKS, my mil asked me to come over for lasagna, she said she would make a salad and chicken for me. I decided to get something a little more special and got a chicken fajitas (without the shells). I couldn't even eat half of it. Really worried about tomorrow, I have no idea how I'm going to get through, I just know I HAVE to.
For great WLS info join me here  www.dsfacts.com
gamecaco4
on 3/31/10 12:53 pm - Southwest, MI
Several days before I started my pre-op liquid diet, hubs and I were coming back from my pre-op testing appointments and stopped at a steak house type place.  We had incredible steaks, potatoes and salads.  I keep thinking now about how many meals that would be post-op.
Mel

No one can make you feel inferior without your permission.

My WLS blog -- gamecaco4.wordpress.com/

bacon1975
on 4/1/10 5:36 am - Minneapolis, MN
My surgery is exactly a week from today. Tomorrow night my mom and I are going to one of my favorite restaurants. It's not really a "last supper" but it's something that I'll probably never be able to eat again. (Which is totally okay!!) I don't want to go crazy or eat a ton... I've worked too hard on my pre-op diet.
(deactivated member)
on 4/1/10 12:37 pm
We were supposed to go to Red Lobster and I was going to get a huge fried Seafood Platter. The day before I missed the bottom step in the basement and sprained my ankle. I couldn't walk on Sunday.

It's too late now that I am under 2 weeks to go to Red Lobster but I don't care. It's time to get serious. Today I could walk without excruciating pain and I didn't need the walking stick all day. I have to be able to walk to get the surgery so if I have to sit on my butt for days I will.
dawnnikki
on 4/1/10 9:38 pm - Sharpsburg, GA
I'm in the same boat as you...got my date too quickly but lucky for me..there is no pre op diet.  Just after 6 on the day before....which is EASTER..and I plan to eat lunch with the family...not golden corrial all you can eat..lol...but...I'm going to eat something I know I won't eat after to say my final goodbye to...BREAD!  I'm thinking to hold as memorial service for it after...hehe..just kidding!

Dawn
kitycat58
on 4/3/10 9:45 am
I went for the Fillet Minon..Baked potato and had a couple of my husbands zuccinni chips. (yes they were fried) but it was time to say good-bye to the word "fry".  I will miss Sourdough bread most of all, but that's OK.  I am ready for a whole new me...  Have not planned what's for Easter dinner though; it will be light, and Monday begins clear liquids.  (I have heard from a few that tried to squeeze in something the day before; their responce.....definately not good; so don't try it)
MugsyMann
on 4/4/10 6:01 am - Keller, TX
same here. my husband and i were planning a trip to each of my two favorite restaurants. one for fish and chips and the other for a huge juicy steak.  i thought i had another 3 weeks to do it all in since my original date was May 3.  through a twist of cir****tances i ended up changing my surgery date to April 12 on April 1st!  so i had to IMMEDIATELY start the diet!  oh well, the benefits far outweigh the loss of a last binge dinner...lol.
LadySteeler
on 4/4/10 8:33 am - Clayton, NC
 I went to a yummy BBQ joint in Raleigh and had the best ribs I have ever eaten!  My "last supper" was a week out from the start of my pre-op diet (which will be April 8)... but I haven't eaten anything since too out of the way... but my cupboards are looking kind of bare... I haven't been food shopping in over a month... I am determined to get rid of all this food I can't eat after Thursday...  And through it all I have still managed to lose 11 pounds!  Imagine what I will lose once I start the pre-op diet!

jnet
on 4/4/10 10:51 pm - Indianapolis, IN
My cupboards are looking the same way!  I haven't been buying any new groceries with the exception of milk, fruit, veggies, etc. that can't keep.  My surgery is on the 29th.  As my surgery date has gotten closer, I have been a lot more relaxed about my eating habits.  I was feeling really guilty about it until someone brought up the "last meal" at a support group meeting I went to.  The nutritionist who runs the meeting and all the post-ops said GO FOR IT.  They said its better to satisfy your cravings now so you wont be so driven to overindulge after surgery.  So I gave myself a little break and I have been going out to eat every time I am invited.  It's been fun having "the last meal" of su****hai, chinese, and mexican - and enjoying a few beers or glasses of wine too! 

I don't know what my pre-op diet is going to be yet, I have my pre-op class tomorrow and I will find out then.  I don't think my doctor does a long preop diet though. From what I heard its only a couple of days.

Weight at Consultation 284/Weight at surgery 270/ CW 168
Most Active
Recent Topics
Happy 3 year :)
Razzmuffin · 0 replies · 901 views
Starting Over
Lisa Y. · 5 replies · 1234 views
Hi all! 1½ yr update =)
Blue_Rattie · 1 replies · 1004 views