What is your to do list?????

A. Me
on 3/30/10 2:04 pm
RNY on 04/05/10 with
April 5th is coming fast. WOW I can hardly believe that 5 days and I will be on the otherside. I have to be at the hospital Monday at 5:45am for 7:45am surgery 1st of the day... hope the surgical team does not have tooo good of a weekend (hangover) LOL... want them to have a steady hand :-)   Anyway, I just wrote out my to do list to keep myself occupied on the days ahead.  I start my clear liquid diet Friday. Just had my last meal out tonight for a while. I have 3 more days of work then I am off for 6 weeks. I am excited, nervous and ready to go. I am feeling overwhelmed with all that I have to do get done before the surgery.  I have a list a page long.  Ok... so now I am rambling.  My mind is going faster than I can type, that's rare. So... with that said, for those of you having surgery what is your short list and when do you report to the hospital?   @)--{-----

(deactivated member)
on 3/30/10 2:56 pm - Massena, NY
RNY on 05/27/10 with
dunno why I thought you were April 7th. Wow I'm getting excited and nervous for you... Talk to you tomorrow
Rachel Box
on 3/30/10 11:15 pm - St Petersburg, FL
 Making sure my house is clean for one.  I don't want to come home to a mess.  Getting the bills paid...doing what little grocery shopping I will need to do.  Still have to make sure hubby eats.  
 Me (30), Hubby (34)
Surgery date April 13th!!!
RNY
Type II diabetes, PCOS and high blood pressure

imacvyvr
on 3/30/10 11:32 pm, edited 4/2/10 12:23 am - Norfolk, VA
My to do:

Clean the house
Go grocery shopping
Order protein shake samples & unflavored protein
Get my hair done
AND most importantly Pamper myself; mani/pedi w/clear polish, may go to the beach
Drink plenty of H20 on Tuesday
Surgery on 7th!

Amy

bkwc129
on 3/31/10 12:33 am
I'm a week out from surgery, on the 7th.  Yesterday I had the pre-hospital testing.  I have to go back, one of the tubes of blood clotted whatever that means.  I bought all of the vitamins and minerals I should need for a month.  Got my hair cut and colored. Went grocery shopping. Finally managed to get my two post-op prescriptions filled. 

Why haven't I read anything on these boards about Lovenox injections for the week after surgery? This is to prevent blood clots.  Two shots per day for a week.

And oh yeah, started my "full liquid" diet. 
A. Me
on 3/31/10 1:23 am
RNY on 04/05/10 with
I got my hair done too :-) Must be a nesting type thing, I think I will go for a pedi too. almost that time for the flip-flops :-) I'm so excited.  I had myself a wonderful dinner last night at the Texas Roadhouse and it was mmmmm mmmm gooood.   Wanted a Margarita too, machine was broke :( Not so good.  Oh well. Anyway, have to go work on my to do list... I am getting excited.  3 days left.   I just talked with one of my co-workers who had her surgery Nov 4th- she is 27 lbs to goal. Wow, 4 months, almost 5 but wow.  So anyways, have a great day!!!!

gildafaz
on 3/31/10 3:01 am
hi every one my surgery is on the 6 and i am kinda lost it's like i don't realize is coming very soon . i already got almost every thing i need for after surgery ,i just need to get liquid Tylenol and some iron, and some broth.
for my surgery i had to do 9 days liquid diet wish i started last Sunday and is killing me.LOL
on Friday me and hubby are going to get my mom from Montreal , she will look after my daughter when i am in the hospital ,and she will be stying with me until i can do every ting by my self (hop fully that goes smoothly lol)

HW: 461   SW:437  CW:251 under 260 oh yaaaa  GW:190      

cntry_rose
on 3/31/10 4:26 am - CA
First off... best wishes to you for an easy surgery and an easier recovery! 

My to do list is just that... I've got a list written out of what to take - both to the hospital and to the hotel (I live 2 long freeway hours away from the doctor, so he's requested that I stay closer the first week).

I hadn't thought about a pedi - but it sure sounds like a good idea... that and a massage would be really nice! 

I will go shopping next week so my hubby can eat... mostly easy things for him to warm up. I will also need to get the house cleaned and all of the laundry done the day before we leave. We live on a farm, his laundry is equal to having 3 or 4 people living in the house - not just the two of us... and no matter how much I dust... it's always dusty from the crops around us.

I am so anxious to get this started! 
If you always do what you have always done,
You will always get what you have always got.                 
Ryanelp80
on 3/31/10 6:12 am
My surgery date is 4/2. I have a pre-op appt at the hospital in San Diego tomorrow (not sure what that will consist of).

So far I have been cleaning the house, I did a bunch of laundry, did a lot of shopping for my vitamins and suppliments, I filled 2 prescriptions the surgeon mailed to me a week or so ago to have those ready for me when I come home and I've started to pack my bag for the hospital stay. I'm planning on packing as light as possible because it seems like everyone says you never use anything you brought, lol...

Tonight I am going to make a grocery list of things I will need (jello, popsicles, etc) and clean my bathrooms, vacuum and that will pretty much be it. I will start on fluids tomorrow and do the bowel cleanse thing tomorrow after I get home from San Diego...
Emily F.
on 3/31/10 6:22 am
I'm doing loads and loads of laundry for my trip and hoping to leave hubby with less to do since he'll have three young kids for 10 days.

bought a ton of magazines, borrowed some books for the recovery time.

need to get a binder for my belly, didn't have it at wally world

I'm pretty set for food for right now. I'm already eating tons of protein so that will continue.

I'm kind of in a daze, I can't believe its almost here.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Happy 3 year :)
Razzmuffin · 0 replies · 901 views
Starting Over
Lisa Y. · 5 replies · 1234 views
Hi all! 1½ yr update =)
Blue_Rattie · 1 replies · 1004 views