Denied

dommiepa
on 3/23/10 6:59 am - Towanda, PA
I went to my preop appt to find out my insurance denied the surgery.  I am so heartbroken, but still trudging on jumping thru more damn hoops.  Now I have to go for a few more months of jumping thru their hoops, so Dr. Petrick can resubmit.  Insurance did not like how the notes were "inadequate" so we have to go from here.

Yvonne.    To thine own self be true.     hw 432/ sw 352/ cw196.8/gw 200  RNY 8/11/10 Corsettrunkplasty & thigh lipo 5/16/2012.

boomsheeka01
on 3/23/10 7:02 am - Killeen, TX
Man I am sorry! I am speechless. You will get it eventually! Keep your head up!
   Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Emily F.
on 3/23/10 7:31 am
Ugh, that SUCKS! I hope you stay on this board though! lol. Just breathe. I guess you have to put up with there crapola if you want to get the surgery paid for. Ugh. That's just wrong.
Dianna1964
on 3/24/10 2:47 pm - Apple Valley, CA
What type of insurance do you have? Are you able to change insurances? I first started out with HealthNet. For two years I tried to get a dr to approve my referral, but none of them would. Finally, I switched to Kaiser. I made an appt for my primary care dr & on my first office visit I told her exactly what I wanted. She gave me the referral and I was on my way. Hang in there & dont give up. Try to appeal your insurances decision.
Dianna
Keldriv
on 3/24/10 3:18 pm - Fair Play, SC
I am so sorry. I know how it is to get your hopes up for the surgery just to be told no.
                                   Married Mother of 3 Likeing the New Me!!
Highest Weight 384, Pre-surgery weight 313, Current Weight @144, Goal Weight 150, Ideal Weight
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com
"Be not anxious for what you shall eat, or what you shall drink ... or what you shall wear ... Isn't life more than food? ... and the body more than clothing?"~ Luke 12:22; 29
Kelly    
mspiccolo
on 3/31/10 7:49 am - Camarillo, CA
Don't give up.  You'll get there.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Happy 3 year :)
Razzmuffin · 0 replies · 901 views
Starting Over
Lisa Y. · 5 replies · 1234 views
Hi all! 1½ yr update =)
Blue_Rattie · 1 replies · 1004 views