A Message From Gloop That I Want to Share.

(deactivated member)
on 3/17/10 2:41 am
I had a personal message from Gloop and she had some pretty good questions and tips. Gloop I hope you don't mind me pasting your message here for others. I have a disability but all of you may have health reasons that might hold you back from exercise so feel free to to contribute. Funny thing I was looking for a new topic for today. If you have something or a question please ask or share here.
Diana

watcha doin?  what type of exercise does your disability allow you to do?  reason i ask is because yesterday i did some serious walking for the first time and lost 4 lbs overnight, amazing huh.  seems getting in those activities really does make a HUGE difference.  gonna take it easy today i think, depends on how i feel because my back, knees, hips etc are complaining about the abuse.  are you on your pre op diet yet?  i just picked up this week's supply of opti fast, costs $100 per week!  crazy huh, i can only get it at the surgeon's office so they can charge whatever they want, they force you to follow their diet and they are the only one's that supply the darn thing, that doesn't sit well with me but i have no choice.  hope you are well, ttyl
jmille28
on 3/17/10 3:35 am - Miamisburg, OH
On the subject of pre-op diets, are you talking a couple of weeks on liquids prior to surgery or a six month diet?   My surgeon does not require any pre-op diet other thaan a day or two before surgery, but after everything I have read, I might do my own pre-op diet with full liquids.  it won't hurt to shrink that liver.  
We must let go of what was if we are going to embrace what is !                                
(deactivated member)
on 3/17/10 3:47 am
Hey Janet,

My doc probably does the same. But I sure want to be cleaned out and I am going to go full liquids and then clear liquids 4 or 5 days later. I don't want the gas either.

The majority here have the kind of pre-op above.
Ryanelp80
on 3/17/10 8:38 am
My Doc only requires liquids 24 hrs pre-op, no specific diet beforehand. I don't know if that's because I'm on the light-ish weight side of the spectrum, being under 300 or what... cause my BFF went to the same hospital (different dr, same staff) and he told her she HAD to lose at least 10 lbs... although she was on the high side of the 300's...

I am replacing 2 meals a day with liquids/protein shakes and eating a normal-ish dinner... so hopefully I will lose a pound or two and not gain anything...
Emily F.
on 3/17/10 9:34 am
I'm 3-5 days of liquids, but for the two weeks, I'm going to start doing protein shakes in the morning and try to get low carb, basically staying A WAY from the vending machine. I feel like taking a sledge hammer to them!
gloop
on 3/17/10 12:01 pm

hey, been out all day just got back and i see you been busy LOL, i have to go check out all those pics.  don't mind at all that you post the PM and if i may i would also like to add tha****er therapy is really working for me and helping lots with my pre op, it's simple and free to do, it just involves drinking a bunch of water on an empty stomach and i promise everything including gas just comes right out like magic (at least it did for me) so i thought i'd share.  good health to everyone

I'm in the process of changing my diet, relationship with food and my lifestyle.  I'm in training for maintaining.
gloop
on 3/17/10 12:10 pm

PS  i'm on 3 weeks opti fast... guess cause i'm SMO, i didn't think i could do it but the opti fast really seems to be helping with my satiety, first couple of days were a struggle but now i'm feeling great as long as i drink the opti fast and drinks lots of water.  don't know why i keep getting those pesky ***** but please google WATER THERAPY (hope it works this time) to find out more about this amazing method plus it's FREE and you're gonna need to save those pennies to purchase the opti fast etc.

I'm in the process of changing my diet, relationship with food and my lifestyle.  I'm in training for maintaining.
gloop
on 3/17/10 12:15 pm
ANOTHER PS, LOL  i actually did go walking again to day and it was amazing how much easier it was, pretty soon i'll be jogging LOL.  after yesterday i thought i wouldn't be able to do it again today because i was in so much pain but seems my body recovered and i had more energy and actually felt like i wanted to go out walking again, i did have some hip pain but i just stopped and rested and continued and that seemed to help

gamecaco4
on 3/19/10 1:50 pm - Southwest, MI
My pre-op diet starts on Tuesday 3/23. It is two weeks long.

Week 1 -- 6-7 protein shakes per day of my choosing.  The number of shakes is limited by the number of calories in the shake.  I can also have one of the following: 1/2 c. hot cereal (oatmeal, cream of wheat, etc.), 6oz no sugar added yogurt, 1c strained cream soup or 1/2c sf pudding.  Anything else has to be clear liquid with no sugar and fewer than 5 calories per serving.

Week 2 -- 2 Impact Advanced Recovery drinks and one protein shake along with all the clear liquids as defined above.

Should be fun.
Mel

No one can make you feel inferior without your permission.

My WLS blog -- gamecaco4.wordpress.com/

Most Active
Recent Topics
Happy 3 year :)
Razzmuffin · 0 replies · 901 views
Starting Over
Lisa Y. · 5 replies · 1234 views
Hi all! 1½ yr update =)
Blue_Rattie · 1 replies · 1004 views