Good Friday

Jacksgirl
on 3/15/10 7:04 am - TX
I am scheduled for Good Friday, April 2. I start my pre-op diet later this week. I am not sure this has all "sunk in" yet. This is REALLY happening! I first learned about LapBand in 2006. I knew at that time it was the procedure for me but I never really thought I'd be here right now - just weeks away. My official journey to WLS began on 10/07/09 when my PCP suggested I consider surgery. I nearly fell over! I would have never thought HE would have suggested it. I polled some friends who've had WLS to help decide on a surgeon. By the time I went in for my surgical consult (11/12/09) I had already had a sleep study and a few other things done. I had NO IDEA that those things would put me so far ahead in the game. I only had to complete a 3 month diet and a psych eval for Aetna. I finished everything on February 19 and had my surgery date by March 2. Woo hoo! I am blessed!

Highest:308/Surgical Consult: 298/Surgery Day: 281/Current: 201/Goal:160
   www.bmioftexas.com

WOO HOO! Off of Nexium & Norvasc as of 5/11/10!
   WOO HOO! Off of Ursodiol as of 5/29/10!
   WOO HOO! Cholesterol is down 36 pts (from 189 to 153) in 6 months!
   WOO HOO! Off of Diovan HCT as of 7/02/10!

I'll always be Jack's girl                     
Ryanelp80
on 3/15/10 7:48 am
Congrats! We have the same date! I, however, decided on the RNY based on my surgeons suggestions and my need to lose a significant amount of weight.

Sounds like you had a fairly bump-free journey from beginning to end. Mine was a little longer, but definately worth the wait. I cannot wait to start my new life on my NEW birthday... April 2nd!!
Emily F.
on 3/15/10 8:14 am
Congrats! I fly out on Easter Sunday, so it will be quite the renewing weekend for us!
conchita109
on 3/15/10 12:13 pm - Greencastle, PA
Congratulations to you and also to RYAN!! The journey was quite long for me...I attended my first meeting in May 2009, Doctor visit in June, then came cardiac workup, labs, pulmonary tests, sleep study and nutrition visits starting in Sept. (had to have 6). FINALLY...my last visit in February 2010 and the wait to hear from insurance...wow, that was the hardest part!

I wanted this SO BAD and had actually GAINED weight because I was worried if I was less than a 40 BMI (no comorbidities), I wouldn't be approved...and so...I am UP 25 pounds, feeling horrible and bigger than I was when I was 9 months pregnant!! Oh, and I have high B/P now...There weren't many days I didn't cry and want to be healthier but was waiting for this "tool" to help me and I hope the "tool" turns out to be the help I so desperately need! I am certainly looking forward to it!

So....Finally, on March 1st, I got my approval and on the 9th...surgery!!! I am now on post-op Day 6 and still sore but still GRATEFUL that I am hopefully turning my health around! I cannot wait to start losing some of this extra weight! You think you feel fine, things are okay but you KNOW in your heart, that this extra weigh is no goodt!!

I wish you both the best and know that these boards are awesome help and I refer to them often! I just LOVE getting on this site and getting the support!!

Good luck ...we will do this! Oh, and look...DOWN 13 pounds already!!

Connie
Everything happens for a reason so, I am taking it a step at a time. I can do it!      

Emily F.
on 3/16/10 10:18 am
Its going to be great. What pre op diet are you doing to lose 18 lbs? Emily
Most Active
Recent Topics
Happy 3 year :)
Razzmuffin · 0 replies · 901 views
Starting Over
Lisa Y. · 5 replies · 1234 views
Hi all! 1½ yr update =)
Blue_Rattie · 1 replies · 1004 views