WooHoo! I think I'm first!

Ryanelp80
on 3/11/10 6:04 am
My date is set for April 2nd!

I have a pre-op appointment in San Diego on the 1st which is where I believe they weigh you, give you a special soap to shower with the morning of the surgery and tell you what to expect when you come in the next day for surgery.

I was told the surgeon's office would mail me 2 perscriptions and to have them filled and ready for me when I come home from surgery.  I'm guessing it is going to be a pain med and blood thinner?

I'm so excited to finally have my date after 20 weeks of classes thru Kaiser and all the other hoops I've jumped through!  And additionally, super-excited to have it be only three weeks away!
dianaflrs
on 3/11/10 12:14 pm - Brookline, MA
Hi, 

I am scheduled for April 1st, 2010, but tomorrow I will know for sure if it will happened that day.  Because I have to go for a breath exam for the h.pylori.  Back on December at my first surgeon appointment they test me for h. pylori and came back positive they treated me with a course of antibiotics for 14 days and then I had to wait nine weeks which is tomorrow for the breath test.   If the breath test is negative then my surgery is on the 1st.  If not I think it has to get postpone..... So I am praying for my test to be negative.....

Diana

dianaflrs
on 3/11/10 12:21 pm - Brookline, MA
Hi,

My name is Diana and I am scheduled for surgery for April 1st, but everything depend on tomorrow.. Back on December when I had my first appointment with my surgeon they text me for H. Pylori and it came back positive so they put me on a 14 day antibiotics pack.  When I finished the antibiotics they scheduled me for a breath exam which I had to wait 9 weeks for by rule of thumb.  Tomorrow is my appointment and if it comes back negative I will get my surgery on the first but if it comes back positive I will have to get reschedule.  So I am keeping my fingers cross and hoping that my test comes back negative.....

Blue_Rattie
on 3/12/10 7:48 am
Nice!!
(deactivated member)
on 3/13/10 12:35 am
Lucky girl going first. Don't worry about the date. I was married on Hitler's birthday and I have been married 26 years. Let's keep this forum going. It will be great to see how each of us are doing and support each other.
Diana
dianaflrs
on 3/14/10 11:23 am - Brookline, MA
Well,

I went for my H. Pylori breath test and it came back negative..   So  I am going in for the surgery on the 1st.  I can not wait 19 more daysss.
diana

Ryanelp80
on 3/15/10 7:26 am
YAY! Congrats! What a positive way to spend April 1st! Making changes to your life and, girl, all that weight you are going to lose is going to be NO JOKE!!!

dianaflrs
on 3/23/10 10:15 am - Brookline, MA
Hey,
How are you doing??? Are you feeling okay.  We are almost there. Let me know what is going on.

Ryanelp80
on 3/24/10 6:32 am
I'm doing well.. I know, the date is coming up FAST!!! It seemed like it took forever to get here, now it's all happening so quickly.... it's so crazy!
(deactivated member)
on 3/16/10 9:59 am
When I was a kid I had to go in the hospital and I was there for a few days. This was an Air Force hospital and my roommate was actually in the Air Force. She was a nurse in the hospital and I don't know what she was treated for but the other nurses and staff made a fake IV bottle (they used to be glass a long time ago) and put a bunch of gold fish in it. There was no needle but they put a lot of tape on her had to look real. It was so funny when she woke up. I think of this every April Fools Day.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Happy 3 year :)
Razzmuffin · 0 replies · 901 views
Starting Over
Lisa Y. · 5 replies · 1234 views
Hi all! 1½ yr update =)
Blue_Rattie · 1 replies · 1004 views