April 20, 2010 - Dr. Ki Oh... while family worries...

Kim5515
on 2/27/10 11:51 pm - Bonney Lake, WA
I'm not nervous at all... just know it's the right thing to do.  Wish my family would quit freaking out !   I've lost 50 pounds on my own and they think I should not have the surgery now.  I still have over 100 more pounds to lose.

How do you get friends / family to understand it's not the losing of the weight that is so hard (although it's NEVER easy), but it's the maintaning the weight loss that freaks me out.  I've lost all or part of the weight 4 times now... but never able to keep it off.

I need something permanently changed to be successful for the last time !

Kim  
HW 315 /CW 152/ GW 148

kitycat58
on 3/7/10 7:10 am

I have a similar situation, but only with the sister I am closest with...I hope that as time goes by and things fall into place, these feelings she has will mend.  I wish you and I both success. My surgery is scheduled for April. .  Its a change  I fear and at the same time want in my life.  Its time to be happy...good luck

Emily F.
on 3/7/10 7:28 am
I don't think they will. I finally told my parents how much I actually weigh to show them that my weight will end my life prematurely. Now they realize. I'm not telling my inlaws how much I weigh and I'm not telling them I'm going to Mexico until the week that its happening. Why make them worry early? So maybe if there is a way you can show them that this is truly necessary.
(deactivated member)
on 3/13/10 5:07 am
April 20th my 26th wedding anniversary.

I wanted to get in touch with all of us April peeps and see if we could keep our forum going strong so we can share our experiences and our journeys.

Best Wishes
Diana
CharleeG
on 3/13/10 9:13 am - Jonesboro, AR
One thing that I've learned to do in other situations is smile, nod, then go on about my business. Fortunately, my family is supportive of my surgery - my husband, mom & daughter. My friends - the few I've told - have been very supprtive as well. Other times in my life, not so much. I got over trying to convince anyone they needed to agree with me a long time ago. It's more effort than I'm willing to expend. One thing you might do, if it's someone who you may need to rely on in your recovery, is to simply tell them you've made up your mind and while you know they aren't thrilled with your decision, you need their help to do...whatever it is. Then ask if they're willing to help without the freaking out part.

Kim5515
on 3/13/10 10:58 am - Bonney Lake, WA
Thanks to everybody for the replies, it helps to know what others are going through and sure helps to be about to vent once in a while.

Yes, let's definetely keep in touch.  April is rapidly approaching !!  I'm going to spend next Friday at the hospital doing pre-op tests - chest xray, abdominal ultrasound, etc etc.

Kim  
HW 315 /CW 152/ GW 148

Most Active
Recent Topics
Happy 3 year :)
Razzmuffin · 0 replies · 901 views
Starting Over
Lisa Y. · 5 replies · 1234 views
Hi all! 1½ yr update =)
Blue_Rattie · 1 replies · 1004 views