QUESTION

makemethin_KJK
on 5/25/10 10:30 am
Im 6 weeks post-op, If I eat more than 1/4 cup(dont feel full)  can I stretch my pouch?  do you have to eat a huge portion to harm the pouch?  I feel like I can eat more.  Everything goes down fine/no dumping.
beautifully_broken27
on 5/25/10 11:41 am
I am 4 1/2 weeks out and I am allowed to eat 1/2 cup.  I can't get that much down yet, I get full before that.  I think 1/2 cup is normal at this point but you might want to check with your dr or nut before increasing your portion sizes.
chrissyce
on 5/26/10 1:20 am
I was told it depends on what you eat. My soup is basically broth with egg. I can eat much more of that because the liquid goes right through your stomach. I can't eat more than a few bites a meat because I feel like I'm stuffed.

The easiest way to stretch your pouch is carbonated drinks. Try eating slower? I know it's a pain but it does take 30min for the full feeling to hit your brain. Another thing that gives you a more satisfied feeling is protein, Make sure you are getting enough and it's the first you eat. I can definitely chow down on watermelon so I only have a little after one of my protein drinks.

Hope that helps. Everyone is so different. The diets each doctor has us on is so very different also.

Chrissy
kbowman2
on 6/2/10 7:19 am
Hello!  I can eat a half cup of chili, soups, things like that.  If I eat protein, it's 2oz, maybe 3 for very soft fish.  If I eat refried beans, a quarter of a cup fills me right up.

Kim
Heaviest 397/ Before Surgery 367/ Lowest 170/ Current 185

Most Active
Recent Topics
Happy 3 year :)
Razzmuffin · 0 replies · 901 views
Starting Over
Lisa Y. · 5 replies · 1234 views
Hi all! 1½ yr update =)
Blue_Rattie · 1 replies · 1004 views