Back to school nite

Lisa A.
on 8/29/07 2:11 am
Was my sons middle school back to school nite last night and their it was those dreaded school desks with the seat attached.. I had this deer in head light look going on and as I walking to get to the back of the room to stand with my fellow chubby people and my now Dear skinny hubby 1 year post op plops him self right down in front row and I am thinking !@#$%^ I am not gonna fit.. parents were rushing in ,,, Dear hubby says come on sit down and I am thinking (oh yeah mr skinny 1 year post op ) my fat ___ is not gonna fit there .. I am sure some of u have been here ,, do I try and risk humilation.... I had visions I could not even fit in the seat and be struggling to get what I tired putting in the seat or I was lucky to get in the seat and the desk would come up with me as i am stuggling to get back out..or even worse break the seat I went for it and I FIT!!!! TO MY SURPRISE.. Oh yes all 233 lbs of me fit in that deskchair.. with room to spare Next period even smaller desk chairs were in the room and I see the fat people of america heading to the last single chair or back of the room no room left in back and teaher says sit down folks and motions to me and once again I am thinking no way.. not gonna fit .. of cource Dear Skinny hubby 1 year post op fits with ease with room to spare and I said ok just sit with one check in or fess up to being to fat for this chair desk combo .. I could not beleive I even fit in that chair... alittle snug but not impossible but bottom line I did fit.. The rest of the night as we switched room to room I was watching the fat people of america rush to single chair by the computer or to back of the room .. I realized I was no longer a card carrying member of that club of I cannot fit in that kinda desk chairs .. I still see my self as 295 lb fat women will she ever get out of my head? This fat woman inside me is very strong and screams for food etc .. my band is very strong and no way 2 shot glasses of food and u r done with food .. I hate head hunger ,, willl this ever stop? LOL All have a great day Lisa
CrystalH
on 8/29/07 2:31 am - Vassar, MI
wooohooo I am so happy for you...I hate being that person and the chair does not fit.....WOOOHOOOOO you are getting smaller skinny...KEEP IT UP AND HANG IN THERE....YOU KNOW WHO HAS YOUR SKINNY BUTT
Shrinky Inky
on 8/29/07 2:58 am - Central Coast, CA
congrats Lisa!! That is so cool!! I am not sure the fat girl will ever be gone from my head, she's been here for such a very long time. Sometimes I walk through something that four months ago I would not have fit through (like between clothing racks, or a column and a wall or something) and my husband will just say, "wow, you totally cleared that." it's funny, but sometimes I seem bigger and sometimes much smaller to myself. i guess it's always going to be a learning experience.
marsheeeee
on 8/29/07 7:23 am - Jackson, MS
It's this kind of happening that makes it real! That is so wonderful; I can totally relate. There were some classes I took when I got my Masters that had tiny desks. I managed to fit into them, but there were times that it was an extremely tight squeeze. I've also broken a chair. NO MORE!!! I guess all of us have head hunger to some degree; I know I do. Maybe it's like the people who lose an arm or a leg - they still "feel" pain in the absent limb. I dunno. You're doing great! Congratulations on your wow moment. Marcia
shar S.
on 8/29/07 8:25 am - Buffalo Grove, IL
I am definitely looking forward to my daughter's school nite. I can't wait to fit in those chairs. Last week I was at a bowling alley, with the attached seats, Not only did I fit, but there was almost 8 inches between me and the table. My daughter was so excited,she pointed it out to me. Of course, I knew it, and I was silently gloating. Don't ya just love all these moments?
Schmeesa
on 8/30/07 2:14 am - Portland, OR
Lisa, that is a HUGE milestone-I am so happy for you! It's ridiculous that they make the parents sit in those stupid desks, but how cool that you can now fit into them! I'm sure it'll take a long time for our heads to catch up with our shrinking bodies.
clairenew
on 7/17/24 3:14 pm, edited 8/5/24 8:46 pm

You've had a long, hard journey losing weight, and it's a big win that you were able to fit into your school desks.

Most Active
Recent Topics
7 years ago today......
shar S. · 3 replies · 941 views
Well 6 years where have they gone?
Jody U. · 0 replies · 947 views
Ugh Revision
InkedNPierced · 0 replies · 1060 views
Hello strangers
CrystalH · 0 replies · 1020 views
Hello Again
deelight152 · 2 replies · 1174 views