Surgery date coming up April 28th getting nervous!

celines R.
on 4/3/05 12:57 am - cleveland, oh
Creole Momma
on 4/3/05 1:04 am - Hutto, TX
Hi, my date is 4-18-05 and when I get a little nervous, I pray, look at pictures of before and afters and think of all the meds I currently take! I am really comfortable with my decision.
Linda D.
on 4/3/05 11:13 am - Walpole, MA
Good advise Denise. One thing I do is read the book "Weight Loss Surgery, Finding the Thin Person Hiding Inside You". The author is Barbara Thompson, who I believe is the originator of this wonderful web site. She does such a great job of explaining everything, from your first thoughts on WLS, through your whole journey. It really helps to calm me down, and offers a lot of good advise and hints.
Tiffany J.
on 4/5/05 10:59 am - Warren, MI
I am with you...Mine is on the 20th....I too am nervous I have found being here and reading stories and just thinking about other things works. That and reading my pre surgical book I was given by my clinic. It helps because I know what I am getting into. It helps prepare myself for what is coming. That and I get to talk to a sister in law and a cousin of mine who have gone through the surgery both over a year ago. So here is sending an to watch over you and one to guide your surgeons hands. You will be fine! We both will. Just know this board is here for you! It sure helps! God be with you and yours! Tif
Most Active
Recent Topics
Is anyone stil posting ?
Hambear · 1 replies · 658 views
Ghost Town
sanguinarythorn · 3 replies · 868 views
Five years!
sanguinarythorn · 0 replies · 751 views
almost five years
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 716 views