Surgery is Monday...I'm scared to death

Teresa P
on 4/2/05 12:20 pm - Columbus, GA
My surgery is coming up Monday. I was sooo confident when it was weeks away, but... now that it is almost here I'm terrified. Any suggestions????? Thanks
Kimmy C.
on 4/2/05 12:37 pm - Pelzer, SC
Teresa I don't have any suggestions but you are not in the boat alone so scoot over!!! I have been fine for weeks until today now with about 36 hours to go I'm a mess. I'm home alone, hubby at work, kids in the bed, should be doing house work but I found myself here looking for some inspiration. I will pray for you! I will pray for both of us!! The good Lord can take away the nerves I know! I will think of you on Monday! Kim C.
reginap
on 4/2/05 10:32 pm - jacksonville, FL
I felt the same way before surgery .... I don't know if you believe in God or not But I do and knowing that I was not alone going in made me feel so much better . I'll be praying for you
lisa
on 4/2/05 11:50 pm - Leander, TX
RNY on 04/04/05 with
We're in the same boat Teresa. Hang in there. I met a lot of WLS folks from my area at a gathering last night and it was the best thing that I have done for myself so far. Everybody shared their stories and photos and I feel sooo much better. This too shall pass Lisa
Yamira S.
on 4/3/05 4:39 am - Key West, FL
My prayers are with you, and your family. I will say a special prayer for you Monday morning. Yami
CaydensNanny
on 4/3/05 4:51 am - Sweet Home, AL
Your in my prayers too! Im having mine Monday too. I am not scared, anxious or worried. I think probably because I have many answered prayers from above and I KNOW beyond a shadow of a doubt, God hears these prayers and He does anwer them. I take Him with me wherever I go and in whatever I do, first and foremost and I just have tremdous faith he will take care of me. I pray He gives you this peaceful feeling. Now, tomorrow might be a completely different story and I just might freak out at the last minute because I am certainly NOT perfect, but for today I feel confidant in my decision and my surgeon and I feel all will be just fine and all will go as planned. Hugs, Sandy
Sandy F.
on 4/3/05 2:25 pm - Florence, KY
Teresa, I felt the same way last Wednesday 3-30-05 when I arrived at the hospital at 6:30 am. I'm home now, with no regrets about the surgery. I can only say, you will come through this and a whole new lifestyle will begin for you. Today was a glorious day where I live, sunny, blue skies and just joy in being alive with a new road ahead. I'll look for you on that road. Best regards, Sandy Frey-Kentucky
Marion M.
on 4/6/05 1:25 am - Sterling, VA
You are in my prayers. We probably were all a little afraid as the date got closer. But the end result, WWWOOOOOOOOOOWWW. I am one year and two weeks out from my surgery. I was a size 26 and now a size 12. I feel soooo good. I have so much energy. Sweetie, I even got two tattoos. Let me know how you make out and I am here for you.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Is anyone stil posting ?
Hambear · 1 replies · 658 views
Ghost Town
sanguinarythorn · 3 replies · 868 views
Five years!
sanguinarythorn · 0 replies · 751 views
almost five years
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 716 views