I need help, getting rid of this chest cold!

Kim I.
on 4/2/05 8:26 am - jax, FL
Can't take any meds 1 week before surgery and Pre-op said that they can't operate on Tuesday if I still have it! The only advice I got was Chicken soup!
Pamelyn W.
on 4/2/05 9:06 am - Fort Worth, TX
Bless your heart! I wish I had an answer for you but all I can do is keep my fingers crossed for you. Good luck...and keep breathing!!
Mari C.
on 4/2/05 9:26 am - Central, PA
Are you allowed cough drops with vitamen C - Might just give you a boost to fight it off. good luck here is the get well fairy to sprinkle some get well dust on you ! Mari
PamRR
on 4/2/05 10:17 am - Paw Paw, MI
Sorry Kim, You definitely don't want to have surgery with a coughing cold! It would be really hard on you with anesthesia and it would also be horrible with the pain of having to cough afterward. Wish I could help more. I had that cold thing going in early March and I wasn't completely better until 3 weeks later. I'll say a prayer for you! Pam
lisa
on 4/2/05 11:55 pm - Leander, TX
RNY on 04/04/05 with
I had the same thing - now down to just the residual cough. They told me that as long as I had no fever, they wouldn't cancel.
Kim I.
on 4/3/05 10:15 pm - jax, FL
oh, wow! Look at us we are all going in soon! Thanks for everyone's help and pray for speedy recovery and many losses. Kim
Cathy D.
on 4/3/05 12:22 pm - Rochester, NY
Try to sweat it out at night while you're in bed. I also had a real bad cold. It is now almost gone. I used alot of vicks chest rub on my neck ,under my nose and on my chest. There really isn't anything else you can do. Pray that you will be well enough by the end of this week and they will go ahead. God Bless you and keep us posted. Cathy D
Most Active
Recent Topics
Is anyone stil posting ?
Hambear · 1 replies · 658 views
Ghost Town
sanguinarythorn · 3 replies · 868 views
Five years!
sanguinarythorn · 0 replies · 751 views
almost five years
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 716 views