Excited having surgery this month!!

Imzocute244
on 4/2/05 4:57 am - Ridgecrest, CA
I am scheduled for surgery and i am scared. If anyone has advise on anything that i should do pre-op to make everything go smoothly. I would love to know about experiences. I am worried about how it is going to be after the surgery. I want to make some new friends and keep in contact and share experiences. Arlene
PamRR
on 4/2/05 5:20 am - Paw Paw, MI
Hi Arlene: I am having surgery on 4/12 and love reading and posting on this website. It has been a great forum to learn for me! I have been through a three month program required by my insurance and had to have meetings with a behaviorist, an exercise physiologist, and a dietician and have weekly weigh-ins. I lost nearly 23 lbs. doing that. I am now on the pre-op protein diet with the surgeon's office and in the last 4 days I've lost 7 more lbs. My husband is more worried than I am, at least right now! He is scared of losing me, and I love him for that! Well, if you have any questions that I could help you with, just e-mail me! I'll keep you and your surgeon in my prayers! Pam
Pamelyn W.
on 4/2/05 9:15 am - Fort Worth, TX
I, too, am excited to be having my surgery this month! I am scheduled for April 12 so my time is getting short!! Under advice from my surgeon, I have been on a liquid diet (yogurt, soup, etc.) for these last two weeks before surgery. It has been surprisingly easy. This surgery is my 52nd birthday present to myself so I have learned not to worry so much about much of anything. I truly believe things will work out the way they are supposed to. I also believe that I am going to live happily and healthily ever after! Pam W.
Imzocute244
on 4/2/05 9:44 am - Ridgecrest, CA
Thank you so much for that it made me feel a lot better my husband is very supportive he says he knows this means a lot to me and knows it well be better for me in the long run. I did not have to do any classes but i had to see a dietian and a therapist.
N-er-G
on 4/3/05 10:16 am - Coudersport, PA
I'm having WLS on 4/12/05 as well. I'm so excited and not really scared. I run a B&B and several guests have had it and they ALL say they would do it again in a heartbeat.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Is anyone stil posting ?
Hambear · 1 replies · 658 views
Ghost Town
sanguinarythorn · 3 replies · 868 views
Five years!
sanguinarythorn · 0 replies · 751 views
almost five years
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 716 views