New here from UK and surgery date set

Nicky G.
on 4/2/05 1:02 am - Birmingham, UK
Hi, I've recently joined this group and have found it so far to be wonderful in helping me to begin my weight loss journey. I'm from Birmingham in the UK and have found it fairly difficult to find information regarding wls in the uk. My surgery date for the Gastric Adjustable Band is scheduled for April 18th 2005. So I dont have to long to obsess and stress about it. I am very nervous about the whole surgery thing but at the same time, I am so happy that I am going to have a new lease of life. I have struggled for years with my weight and now firmly believe that with a little help and support I can get to my goal weight. My target weight is 130-140lbs. I currently weigh around 225lbs so I have a little over 85lbs to lose. Looking forward to getting to know you all and also being able to start posting my weight loss. Nicky
ng
on 4/2/05 3:58 am - Southwest, LA
Nicky, Welcome to the April page. Congratulations on your surgery date. I wish you the best and a rapid recovery. natalie
PamRR
on 4/2/05 5:15 am - Paw Paw, MI
Welcome Nicky: I am having RNY on 4/12/05 and am currently on the pre-op diet of supplements. I have a couple friends in Shropshire, England. We met on a cruise and we have stayed friends, thank goodness for the internet!!! Where are you living while you are having surgery, or have you moved permanently to the US? Good luck on you surgery and I'll pray for you and your surgeon! God Bless Pam
kwan579
on 4/2/05 6:21 am - athens, GA
Hello Nicky congrats on your surgery. My date is April 13 and I am so excited and nervous all at the same time we are the same weight and have to lose around the same amount. We will have to keep in touch w/ each other you can e-mail anytime and good luck Hugs Kwanza
Linda D.
on 4/2/05 8:51 am - Walpole, MA
Welcome to April Nicky!! We are a great bunch! My surgery is the same day as yours. I'm very excited, but also extremely nervous, which I know is normal. Keep in touch and we'll meet again as big losers!!
Mari C.
on 4/2/05 9:23 am - Central, PA
Welcome to the site and congrats on your surgery - We are surgery buddies ! I have the same date. I am having open RNY. Nervous and excited. Cleaned out freezer and two junk drawers so far tonight. by the 18th my house will be soooooo organized LOL ! You will love the site - lots of support, information and ideas. I am getting addicted. best of luck - remember to keep us updated. here is a prayer for a successful journey Mari Pennsylvania, USA
Most Active
Recent Topics
Is anyone stil posting ?
Hambear · 1 replies · 658 views
Ghost Town
sanguinarythorn · 3 replies · 868 views
Five years!
sanguinarythorn · 0 replies · 751 views
almost five years
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 716 views