I'm new and I don't know if I'm doing this right.

kristinalombardo
on 4/1/05 11:23 am - Sheboygan Falls, WI
I just recently went to a seminar on the Gastric Bypass Surgery, and I learned so much. I have a friend who had the surgery done 2 years ago and she is so happy. I was waiting and waiting for her to say something to me about it, and finally she did. Now, it's been a week since she talked with me, I've gone to the seminar, and I can't wait to get started on everything. WHAT DO I DO FIRST???? HELP ME!!!!
jojogreen37
on 4/1/05 12:17 pm - boise, ID
hi Kristina. This is definately a big deal and you just need to make sure you are doing this for you and it is what you really want. Then you just need to find a surgeon that you feel comfortable with and get in touch with your insurance to see if you can qualify. A lot of times the doctors' office will do that for you and you dont even have to deal with your insurance. That is how it was in my case anyway. So i would just browse around on this website and read about people in your area and see what they had to say about their doctors. Then make an appointment! I am really excited for you! Good Luck with everything...Josi
ng
on 4/2/05 3:39 am - Southwest, LA
Go to the seminar. Go to your PCP and get a referrel for WLS. Schedule the Surgeons appointment, and from there they will tell you what to do. Good luck and congratulations on your decision. We will be waiting for you on the losing side and will save you a seat!
Pamelyn W.
on 4/2/05 9:10 am - Fort Worth, TX
As hard as it is, be patient! I started my journey last September and my surgery is scheduled for April 12. There are a lot of hoops to jump through before you can get this done so, prepare yourself. The hospital I am going to has a Bariatric Coordinator so you might check to see if your hospital or clinic has something similar. S/he should be able to tell you what you need to do next to get everything underway. Good luck!
bamabandster
on 4/7/05 10:57 am - Central, AL
Kristina, congratulations on taking the first step on the path to healthier you! You say you had a friend who had WLS - which one? Did you know there are choices? The first you should do is make sure you know what your surgical options are. The different surgeries have differenct pros and cons on the road to a thinner you. There's a library section on OH that can get you started - and tons of stuff all over the web. Good luck on your journey!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Is anyone stil posting ?
Hambear · 1 replies · 658 views
Ghost Town
sanguinarythorn · 3 replies · 868 views
Five years!
sanguinarythorn · 0 replies · 751 views
almost five years
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 716 views