Birth contol Question?

christie0626
on 3/29/05 2:42 am - Tyler, TX
Have any of you had the chance to discuss birth contol methods with your doctors for after WLS? I need too I visit him on the 7th of April then Surgery is on the 11th. I'm just worried of mal absorbsion of the birth conrol pills. I cannot have the depo shot. (That's what caused my major problem) Have anyone heard of the ring? " Nuvaring "
David B.
on 3/29/05 2:47 am - Big Rock, IL
Hey Christie, I am not trying to scare you, but address this issue with your doctor. My surgeon has performed 600 surgeries and has lost 3 people. 1 was because she started back on birth control pills which caused a clot that broke off and went to her lung. May not be what you want to hear but make sure you understand for sure if this situation is an oddity or a real side effect. God's blessings to you! Dave
christie0626
on 3/29/05 2:53 am - Tyler, TX
Oh gosh.. Thanks (((DAVE))) for the Info.
Melody.Cotrel
on 4/2/05 11:59 am - Burbank, CA
I'm scheduled for Lap RNY on April 5. I has "classes" at the hospital (UCLA in Los Angeles) prior to getting a date; and we were told that after WLS, you should not take any hormones at all. No birth control, no hormone replacement at menopause, etc.. Good luck, and ask your surgeon for SPECIFIC advice regarding this issue! Melody Cotrel
Most Active
Recent Topics
Is anyone stil posting ?
Hambear · 1 replies · 658 views
Ghost Town
sanguinarythorn · 3 replies · 868 views
Five years!
sanguinarythorn · 0 replies · 751 views
almost five years
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 716 views