Thank you all for your support!!!

VelvetMichelle
on 3/28/05 7:11 am - East Brunswick, NJ
It meant so much to me to have all of your support from my last post(about not getting approved). Thank you! I'm still hoping that hell will freeze over and Aetna will change their minds(my Surgeon is going to do a peer to peer w/ the house Dr.). But even if it doesn't, I'm not giving up. I'm going to take this next 6months(or less) to get myself ready. Build up some lung power, some stamina, and get rid of my enemies(sugar, caffeine). I hope that all of you have successful surgeries and come out the other side happy and healthy. I'll keep you all updated! I hope to hear from all of you as well! Peace, Michelle
Aggie_P
on 3/29/05 2:23 am - Southern, UT
Hi Michelle, I found out a few interesting things on my fight for insurance approval. There have to be extenuating cir****tances in the State of California (health reasons) that would have the insurance company deny your claim, that or you didn't get all your paper work in. The other thing is and I juszt barely found this out yesterday is that by fed law the appeals have to be responded to yes/no within 24 hours of receipt of all the paper work regarding the appeal. None of this weeks or months to respond. They just do not want us the public to know this. I am still waiting on my orginal denial letter that I according to the insurance company had to have via snail mail before I could even begin the process of appeal. Yet through my tsunami after my earthquake I created the ripples have hit not only the insurance company but the hosptial and the clinic where the Dr is. I had a rogue nurse send in a report attributed to the psychologist lying about a few things. I had the orginal psych eval, and her hand written notes to me, that did not synch up with what the insurance company told me was the reasons they denied me. Can we say I had uncovered a felony! You have to research and find out exactly what is going on. get your medical records, which you have a right to have a copy of. talk directly to the insurance company and find out exactly what they based their decision on. Get them to put it exactly in writing. Take names and dates of everyone and write down what they said. Stay on top of it even if you have to call daily. I got so in the two weeks from denial to approval I was talking to all concerned at least once if in some cases not 5 times a day. I personally didn't have to file a single paper. The dr's office bent over backwards to make sure that the correct paper work was refiled and they were constantly making sure daily the insurance company was working on it. One [person can make an insurance company crawl. Yesterday I had the case worker call me, and tell me that even though it was not covered in my policy, at no extra cost to me they would send me a home health nurse to stay with me all day until I was better. They figured for a month. They are going to call me daily following surgery to make sure that I am taken care of. I think the skid arks from them backpeddling have created ruts in the pavement. I told the lady she needed to kiss my ample posterior now becasue IT would be shrinking. You can do it, stay on top of it, and be proactive. In the end it makes you feel less frustrated that you were able to fight and win against a large entity.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Is anyone stil posting ?
Hambear · 1 replies · 658 views
Ghost Town
sanguinarythorn · 3 replies · 868 views
Five years!
sanguinarythorn · 0 replies · 751 views
almost five years
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 716 views