Grocery list

sisbogart
on 3/27/05 12:15 am - Morris, OK
I am having a little trouble putting together a grocery list. I know I need to get groceries before I go in, but my mind is flooded with things to do and things to remember. And add to that I AM SOO EXCITED, I CAN'T THINK STRAIGHT, and it's total confusion in the data processing department. LOL. So, if any of you can give me an idea of what you might be getting, it sure will help. THANKS Toodles, Renee
devious628
on 3/27/05 2:40 am - phila, PA
for the first week your gonna need plenty broth,chicken beef turkey whatever floats your boat. then youll also need everything sugar free jello juice tea,(snapple) for instance and get some bottled water Protein powder your pick as long as sugar free gnc, weigh****chers,carnation,bjs, isopure, rite aid brand what ever. crystal lite drink mix or sugar free tang or both applesauce sugar free pudding healthy requests cream of chicken or cream of mushroom soups thats a good start for your first weeks till you get out again or back on your feet
Dana C.
on 3/27/05 10:57 am - Pomona, CA
Also make sure and get your chewable vitamins for at least a month! Good luck!
cathy in maryland
on 3/28/05 2:11 am - Army town, MD
My surgeon has me going straight to a pureed diet instead of liquid diets first,not sure what yours is doing but you may want to add: yogurt( the lowfat kind) sugar free pudding low fat cottage cheese( add fruit in it's own juice and blend til smooth) tuna in water( add low fat mayo and blend til smooth) low fat ricotta cheese( again add with SF fruit and blend) refired beans( sprinkle w/ shredded cheese) SF applesauce and mixed fruits Good luck Cathy
dianekoza
on 3/28/05 8:34 am - Denville, NJ
Hi - good luck! Here are some things I picked up: Crystal Light, broth, sugar free jello, & tea.These are for the first week. For week 2 - protein shakes (genisoy, carnation instant breakfast (SF), and protein powder to add to everything - Beneprotein I was told it is tasteless and dissolves well, skim milk and vitamins (liquid or chewable), chewable calcium tabs, chewable iron and sublingual B12 (internet item - www.bariatricadvantage.com).
Aggie_P
on 3/29/05 2:30 am - Southern, UT
Hi Diane, Another good thing for the clear liquids week one thing is isopure bottled no carb drinks. You can get them at Walgreens. One 20 oz bottle has 40 grams of protein. surprising they are pretty darn good too. So is their all whey protein, and they have the most variety of the powdered protein shakes. Any of you taking thyroid meds, be aware that soy in any form except formented will render your thyroid meds ineffective. Also take any calcium supplements at a space of 4 hours before and 4 hours post taking your thyroid. 99.9% of the endocrinologists out there don't tell their patients this, and 100% opf PCP do not know this. Also if you can switch your thyroid meds to armour away from synthroid. Synthroid has been proven to make you gain weight. Do not get me started on aspertame. That got drilled into me in my biology and chemistry classes both at the University of Arizona, and University of Utah. Not good stuff. Stick with splenda and stevia. BTW I am not a Dr. just worked hard to get a degree in molecular bio chem a few years back to prove I had a brain.
David B.
on 3/29/05 2:49 am - Big Rock, IL
Renee, Every doctor does things differently - your nutrionist should have this information. Please please please make sure you check with them. This is important so that everyone is on the same page! God's Blessings, Dave
christie0626
on 3/29/05 11:54 am - Tyler, TX
I too am composing my Grocery List for post op. The only thing I see that some people may have left off is Sugerfree Popsicles, cream of wheat and meat tenderizer. I was told to pick up some Adolph's Sodium free meat tenderizer for when you accidentally swallow something that u didn't chew well enough. ( My friend swallowed Gum accidentally after WLS.. had to drink water and the tenderizer to help it dissolve ) All I know is this.. If I'm gonna have the surgery.. I'm gonna chew well, and NO GUM. LOL Yet we should get info from our doctor's prior to WLS. ( since some doctors have a more aggressive eating plains for post op than others. )
Most Active
Recent Topics
Is anyone stil posting ?
Hambear · 1 replies · 658 views
Ghost Town
sanguinarythorn · 3 replies · 868 views
Five years!
sanguinarythorn · 0 replies · 751 views
almost five years
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 716 views