How many have Pre-Ops this week!

Robert T.
on 3/26/05 9:36 pm - Tampa, Fl
Do a little dance, and get down tonigt. Well my pre-op is this week on 3/30 and my surgery is on 4/4. Does everyone have everything together. How many last minute shoppers do we have Bless everyone this Easter, and I'll see you on the other side.
Dawn E.
on 3/27/05 8:36 am - Arlington, TX
VSG on 04/10/18 with
I'm dancin'. I start my pre-op liquid diet this week. I also have a quick check with the surgeon on Friday. My surgery is 4/4/05. No last minute shopping here. I've been picking things up for the last couple of weeks. If there's anything I've missed, my DH will have to go out for me. Dawn
Stormy71
on 3/27/05 12:03 pm - Olean, NY
I havent heard of being on a liquid diet a week before surgery. Is it to get your body used to it or something? My doctor never said anything about it. Heather
ng
on 3/27/05 3:20 pm - Southwest, LA
A couple of days of liquids mean that your body will have less to be removed from the GI tract by the Fleets or GoLightly. You can stop that stuff once the material coming out is clear water........ less irritation of the bottom area....... so to speak. You want your GI tract nice and clean. You want to cut down on the chance of infections.
Dawn E.
on 3/29/05 7:40 am - Arlington, TX
VSG on 04/10/18 with
It also helps you lose some weight before surgery and shrink your liver so that your doctor has little or no chance of injuring your liver during surgery. Some doctors prefer to have you do a liquid diet a few days before surgery, some a week or 2. I've even seen where doctors don't care one way or another and don't advise their patients to do a liquid diet at all. Dawn
DedeH
on 3/30/05 11:26 am - Aurora, IN
Hi Heather, Ya, my doctor wanted me on a pre-op diet also. Mine wasnt all liquid, I can have lowfat cottage cheese, sodium free cream soups, lowfat yogarts, sugar free puddings but mostly liquids. But reading from my directions....the purpose of this liquid diet is to deplete your glycogen stores, which in turn will make laproscopic surgery placement easier. They told me it will shrink the liver and make things easier. Good luck to all and hopes for a speedy recovery, Dede Lap RNY 4-05-05
The_Dawn_Of_A
New_Dayna

on 3/27/05 9:58 am - Amish Country, OH
. Doin' my happy dance! My pre-op is 3/30 and I have done my testing of protein drink samples. Settled on Isopure Dutch Chocolate - all the others were ugh!!!! I really liked the Chocolate Slim-Fast when I used to drink that, so I don't mind being on one flavor of protein drink. I have a list of things to buy at Wal-Mart after my pre-op on the 30th. I just want to check with the doc and nutritionist before buying some things. Hope your surgery goes well - you're a few days before me!! Dayna Pre-Op 4/6/05
ng
on 3/27/05 3:22 pm - Southwest, LA
I have not tried any samples. I decided that I will just hold my nose and swallow. I have not bought any Iso-pure yet. Guess I should.
ng
on 3/27/05 3:16 pm - Southwest, LA
I have my pre-op Dr. visit on 29th, & pre-op hospital tests on 30th, and my surgery is on Ap 4. So you sound like yours is pretty much like mine. I have everything I need, I guess. I never found a wooden spoon... LOL.
carlamae
on 3/27/05 10:27 pm - Anytown, IN
I had my pre-op on March 17 and started my liquid fast the next day. My surgery date is April 8 so I'll be on my liquid fast for three weeks. My doctor said the reason for the fast was to shrink my liver and to get my body use to a liquid diet and to lose some weight. As of March 17 I have lost 20 pounds prior to starting my liquid fast so I look forward to seeing how much more weight I lose.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Is anyone stil posting ?
Hambear · 1 replies · 658 views
Ghost Town
sanguinarythorn · 3 replies · 868 views
Five years!
sanguinarythorn · 0 replies · 751 views
almost five years
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 716 views